How to change location?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by rollinfromhell, Apr 30, 2016.

1. rollinfromhell

Gold

Is there an app like FakeGPS or anything similar like that without a jailbreak? I really miss this and this is the only reason I ever jailbroke. I've tried searching on MOJO (I have it) and can't seem to find anything like this.

2. Honey Beagle

Honey Beagle Member
    Bronze

Why would you want that? Yout would get wrong directions.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Here’s one such app which is hot off the presses and, best of all, free: Opera VPN.

That article mentions that in addition to location-faking features, the app provides ad-blocking services, which are always a plus in my book.

Incidentally, the Opera browser for Mac OS X recently gained a free, unlimited VPN feature (currently available only on the developer version of the browser).

Disclaimer: I’ve tried neither the app I just recommended nor the one Europa mentioned, so I'm making no implications as to which will better serve your needs.

#4 Rafagon, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  5. rollinfromhell

Gold

Thank you! But it won't let me set it to any location.. just random countries. And it doesn't exactly work inside the apps I'm trying to change my location to just changes the IP to a different region. Sigh.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I'd like to change my location to my actual location. Comcast still has me in Albuquerque. But I'm in Alabama. Some sites show me across the River. That's close.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've been trying the new Opera VPN for several days. Google has been pitching fits. I've had to do a captcha about 10 times before Google will let me access Safari. And my bank app would not give me access until I disabled the VPN app. Is this normal for a VPN?

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No. I use Private Internet Access (link in my previous post) and don't have any of the problems you listed.

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

That's what I thought. It was free, so I tried it. I would try PIA if it were free. But a VPN is just not that important to me to pay for. Thanks.