How to change location?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 1, 2007
Is there an app like FakeGPS or anything similar like that without a jailbreak? I really miss this and this is the only reason I ever jailbroke. I've tried searching on MOJO (I have it) and can't seem to find anything like this.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Is there an app like FakeGPS or anything similar like that without a jailbreak? I really miss this and this is the only reason I ever jailbroke. I've tried searching on MOJO (I have it) and can't seem to find anything like this.
Here’s one such app which is hot off the presses and, best of all, free: Opera VPN.

That article mentions that in addition to location-faking features, the app provides ad-blocking services, which are always a plus in my book.

Incidentally, the Opera browser for Mac OS X recently gained a free, unlimited VPN feature (currently available only on the developer version of the browser).

Disclaimer: I’ve tried neither the app I just recommended nor the one Europa mentioned, so I'm making no implications as to which will better serve your needs.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2007
Here’s one such app which is hot off the presses and, best of all, free: Opera VPN.

That article mentions that in addition to location-faking features, the app provides ad-blocking services, which are always a plus in my book.

Incidentally, the Opera browser for Mac OS X recently gained a free, unlimited VPN feature (currently available only on the developer version of the browser).

Disclaimer: I’ve tried neither the app I just recommended nor the one Europa mentioned, so I'm making no implications as to which will better serve your needs.
Thank you! But it won't let me set it to any location.. just random countries. And it doesn't exactly work inside the apps I'm trying to change my location to just changes the IP to a different region. Sigh.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Thank you! But it won't let me set it to any location.. just random countries. And it doesn't exactly work inside the apps I'm trying to change my location to just changes the IP to a different region. Sigh.
I'd like to change my location to my actual location. Comcast still has me in Albuquerque. But I'm in Alabama. Some sites show me across the River. That's close.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I've been trying the new Opera VPN for several days. Google has been pitching fits. I've had to do a captcha about 10 times before Google will let me access Safari. And my bank app would not give me access until I disabled the VPN app. Is this normal for a VPN?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I've been trying the new Opera VPN for several days. Google has been pitching fits. I've had to do a captcha about 10 times before Google will let me access Safari. And my bank app would not give me access until I disabled the VPN app. Is this normal for a VPN?
No. I use Private Internet Access (link in my previous post) and don't have any of the problems you listed.