how to change to SMS bubble colors?

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
I would like to customize and change the colors of the SMS bubbles. Is this doable and if so, how can i do this? Thanks in advance.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
How can I just change the chat balloons colors without also changing the background graphic? In Cydia I see plenty of SMS "themes" where it changes the colors and background. All I want to do is pick the color of the balloons, like how we could do in Customize (which no longer works in 2.2). I know I could do in manually using SSH, but I don't have a pack of SMS balloons to switch out, does anyone have that?

fc97accord

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
Vancouver
On modmyi there are a bunch of different colours you can get.
Also all you have to do is go into the theme folder of the sms you downloaded and delete the background pic and just use the bubbles.

thepunisher1991

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
how can i do this?

well is pretty simple to do! if you have downloaded a sms theme but you only want the bubbles all you have to is go to finder and go to (var/stash/themes)
inside there you will find the folders of all the theme you have downloaded. so you choose the folder with the name of the sms theme and delete anything you don't want... from that folder after you are done deleting what you don't want from that folder just respring the springboard and you all set.... :laugh2:

if you need anymore help with it you can send me an email to
the1punisher1991 (@) yahoo.com

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
how can i change the bubble colors within Bitesms?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I don't know for sure, but I bet anything that if you SSH into your phone and go to the biteSMS.app folder, you will find the .png files for the chat balloons that you can replace. Bitesms.com also has a great forum if you need specific help.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I'm sure there are many way to do it...

For me, I would copy the bubble.png off from iPhone using iPhonebrowser, and modify the bubble.png color to whatever color I want in photoshop and replace to the new bubble.png...

Mar 31, 2009
I want to change the text bubbles to pink

But I'm reading through all these threads and feel totally lost.

I don't know how to jailbreak my phone. I've gone to numerous sites and the links either don't work or it gets confusing.

Then I don't understand how to find and copy the "bubble.png" from the iPhone with the iPhone browser, is that from using safari?

I keep seeing and hearing about cytia or ...

anyway, can someone help me through this please?