How to change your carrier logo (Stock Method)

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
If you lose your original file you can still go back to the stop carrier by just leaving the place you put your pics blank and then compile then use the new file it makes.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If you lose your original file you can still go back to the stop carrier by just leaving the place you put your pics blank and then compile then use the new file it makes.
I haven't tested it yet, but I think resetting network settings would set it back. Either way, I emailed the original IPCC to myself this morning so it's safe and can't get lost.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I haven't tested it yet, but I think resetting network settings would set it back. Either way, I emailed the original IPCC to myself this morning so it's safe and can't get lost.
Just an FYI, I just reset network settings on my 4S 0n 6.0.1 and my custom carrier logo remained.

Edit: Apparently the only way to revert to the original is via the option/restore (Mac) in iTunes method. If that backup file is lost you're stuck, as far as I can tell, barring a complete restore of course.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
^ Thanks for testing it.

In that case, it's a good idea to keep a copy of that original IPCC backed up in email, Google Drive or DropBox.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Just an FYI, I just reset network settings on my 4S 0n 6.0.1 and my custom carrier logo remained.

Edit: Apparently the only way to revert to the original is via the option/restore (Mac) in iTunes method. If that backup file is lost you're stuck, as far as can tell, barring a complete restore of course.
You could always have someone with the same carrier number email you a copy of their original IPCC, but I wouldn't want to rely on that so I'm going to back it up in two places. (y)

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011

Edit: Apparently the only way to revert to the original is via the option/restore (Mac) in iTunes method. If that backup file is lost you're stuck, as far as I can tell, barring a complete restore of course.
Have you tried leaving the pics out when compiling it work for me putting the carrier logo back.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Europa, great find! I'm very tempted to try this, and since I noticed you made your own logo rather than going with one of the bundled ones, I was hoping you wouldn't mind if I ask you a few quick questions about how you made your own logo...

What image dimensions wound be right? I assume nothing bigger than maybe 32px vertically? I see yours is wider than it is tall, could you tell me the image dimensions of your logo, if you still recall?

Also, let's say I wanna use this, for example:

att-logo-globe.jpeg

(I'd make it smaller, of course)...

The narrator mentions at 1:32 that there are two files, a "black" and an "etched." The black one can be color, as I can tell from your logo, but how do I make an "etched" out of the color one? I went through all the filters in Photoshop, and there is none called Etched, though maybe one of the existing ones will do it and it is simply known in Photoshop by a different name.

Is it simply making a grayscale version of the color one? Think this'll work?

att-logo-globeBW.jpg

Lastly, may I assume that if drop my image in as a .jpg, the app will take care of converting it to .ipcc?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Are you implying that she has been stealing and stock piling said coolness?

Sent using iCafe app
You don't need to steal coolness from Nap. It's quite obvious that it often reaches toxic levels in him, and his body automatically excretes it through his sweat glands in order to maintain homeostasis. It then rubs off in small amounts to those who come in casual contact with him, and, presumably, in larger amounts to those who come into more intimate types of contact with him... :whistle:

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Europa, great find! I'm very tempted to try this, and since I noticed you made your own logo rather than going with one of the bundled ones, I was hoping you wouldn't mind if I ask you a few quick questions about how you made your own logo...

What image dimensions wound be right? I assume nothing bigger than maybe 32px vertically? I see yours is wider than it is tall, could you tell me the image dimensions of your logo, if you still recall?

Also, let's say I wanna use this, for example:

View attachment 27564
(I'd make it smaller, of course)...

The narrator mentions at 1:32 that there are two files, a "black" and an "etched." The black one can be color, as I can tell from your logo, but how do I make an "etched" out of the color one? I went through all the filters in Photoshop, and there is none called Etched, though maybe one of the existing ones will do it and it is simply known in Photoshop by a different name.

Is it simply making a grayscale version of the color one? Think this'll work?

View attachment 27565
Lastly, may I assume that if drop my image in as a .jpg, the app will take care of converting it to .ipcc?

Max height for the icon should be .40 width doesn't have the same and not sure as max but have seen them 1.0

Not sure how to use etched on photoshop but they icon can be color, that's what I use.

You need to convert it to a png file for it to work, program doesn't convert at least the Mac version doesn't. The ippc file is what's compiled not a graphic type.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Does anyone know where can I download the Zeppelin file for Windows 7?
I comes with carriereditor for Mac. You can download that and extract them out of there. They are in a DMG file format so you will need something that can read that to extract. Here is a link to a site to that file. http://uhelios.com/downloads/

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I comes with carriereditor for Mac. You can download that and extract them out of there. They are in a DMG file format so you will need something that can read that to extract. Here is a link to a site to that file. http://uhelios.com/downloads/
I downloaded the App. It wouldn't run on Mountain Lion. Said it wasn't an authorized AppStore App. It did run on Win7 though. However, I just got an IPCC file from a member on another Forum (Thanks Mindi). Just installed it on iTunes. Nice. Beautiful Seahawks! Sorry about the Broncos and Packers today. Tomorrow is another day!

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
I have mountain lion and runs fine it gave me that warning but I right click and open and tell it too run and no problem.