how to check what firmware i am running before activation ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cudo

Sep 27, 2007
hi, just got my iPhone and unlocked it yesterday but im not sure myself how i did it. i installed Installer.app which asked me what firmware i am using but since the process was supposed to bypass the activation i was unable to check what firmware i have but i took the risk and chose 1.0.2 to find out after sucesfull process i am runnin 1.0.0 :)

once i installed installer.app and run activate.bat i bypassed the activation process some how and then using ibricker installed pxl file and the couple of resets :) and then i run installer.app and run anysim :) and my iPhone is ready:)

questions:
can someone put in order the steps to unlock the iPhone safely
how do i chesk the firmware of the iPhone when straight from the box ? and still unactivated ?

if i will update my firmware to 1.0.2 will i have to bypass activation and unlock it agian ?

cudo

cudo

Sep 27, 2007
wish it was that easy , just missing one thing. if the iPhone is no activated you cannot go do settings the check the version. cos all you can do is activate it at this time.

cudo

tesh

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
**EDIT** just read that you haven't acitivated it? how old is it? im sure you can reference how old your serial # is with others and place yours in what 'stock' firmware it's running

settings > General > about

read Firmware: 1.02 (XXXX)

^ though someone else could enlighten me to the last four digits' meaning