how to clear the camera roll?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alan, Jul 21, 2007.

1. alan

alan New Member
    Bronze

I took a bunch of pictures on vacation and copied them to iPhoto. Now I don't know how to clear the camera roll short of deleting the pictures 1 by 1. Is there an easier way?

2. Macster

Macster New Member
    Bronze

If you are using iPhoto, when you are asked to download the photos, you are given an option to delete the originals. It does this with my Cannon, as well as with my iPhone. I ususually have it delete the originals, and then I will transfer what, if any, of the photos I want to keep on the phone.

I just don't know if this 'delete originals' feature comes with other photo managing software.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Ace4261991

Ace4261991 New Member
    Silver

um idk how it is on mac but on my computer it pops up as a "camera" and it just displays all the pics i have taken from there i can easily just delete them all by highlighting them all and deleting them. once again i do not know hot it would work for mac im sorry

5. jacjac2

jacjac2 New Member
    Bronze

When you go to iPhoto on the mac, before you tell it to import, check the box to delete originals from the camera, it gets rid of the Camera Roll pictures without having to delete one at a time.

Jackie

6. jonnydestination

jonnydestination New Member

but how do you delete if your forget to mark it "delete"

so i had 100 pics...and for whatever reason i didn't mark that the pictures should be "deleted" after importing to iphoto on my mac. So now i have all the pictures on the mac and i have not deleted them from the iPhone? Is there anyway to delete them all rather than indivdually?

I guess i could experiment with different ways...like importing again with the " delete" option on and then also deleting these duplicates from iphoto..but is there another way of deleting them all from the iPhone?

7. LauraBee

LauraBee New Member
    Bronze

I have one pic on my phone that my daughter took of herself that pops up every time, the 'delete original' suggestion is so easy, why didn't I think of that? Duh.

8. stevetim

stevetim New Member
    Silver

Just for reference. On a Windows Vista PC, every time I plug my iPhone in USB, I get the options of what I want to do window. Import, View....

I usually just go to 'Computer', 2xclick on the iPhone which shows up in my list of devices, and proceed to click 'Apple iPhone', 'Internal Storage', 'DCIM', '100 Apple', and the pics are all thumbnailed in a window for me. From here I can just delete the bunch.

9. vanslam

vanslam New Member
    Bronze

I tried this but be aware if you have synced you photos before and when iphoto ask you to reload and you click no and click delete orginals, it won't. I have photos on my iPhone that won't go away since I refuse to reload them, don't want doubles.

10. donoshea

donoshea New Member

The easiest way that I know of is:
    1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac.
    2. Open Image Capture and select your iPhone from Devices
    3. When all of the images have been listed in Image Capture, Select All... (Cmd-A).
    4. At the bottom of the window with the list is a Delete button next to the "Import To:" label. Click it.
    5. Verify that you want to remove all of the images from your iPhone and let the application do its job.
    Regards,
    Don O'Shea

11. fithgear66

fithgear66 New Member
    Bronze

Go to photos(not camera)>camera roll>top right button>select photos>delete

12. dobymax

dobymax Member
    Bronze

I have double photos in my Photo Library. How can I delete one of each? It doesn't show a delete button on the bottom of the screen.

13. fithgear66

fithgear66 New Member
    Bronze

Go into Photos and read my post ^