How To Convert The Dial Numbers?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
Guys how can i change the numbers format from EX: (705)-5555-5558 to 70-55555558 ?

I can't figure it out, is it a software i have to install or what can't find it in the settings

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
it's not a software its kind of a tutorial.. here are the steps from http://i.unlock.no:

Changing phone number formating: (123) 456-7890

Formatting is stored in:
/System/Library/Frameworks/AddressBookUI.framework/ABPhoneFormats.plistDownload this file from your phone. The file is stored in binary format, so you'll need to convert it to text. Now save this file and open it in a text editor. Change the formatting under us to look like you want (if you find your region in the file, just copy from your region to the us). There's probably some way to just make it use your langauge (instead of 'us'), but i don't know where you specify that. When you are done changing formatting, save the file and upload it to the iPhone in same directory you found it. You don't need to convert i back to binary.
Update for 1.1.1 users: In previous versions locale settings did not apply to number formatting. I noticed that in 1.1.1 it does, so it's better to change the phone's locale configuration instead of changing the formatting manually. The configuration file is called .GlobalPreferences.plist and is located in /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/. Convert it to pure xml here, and change AppleLocale to the locale of your country. This will also change date and time settings, and in theory use your langauge in any application where it's available (appearantly very few apps)

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
lol.. i know its quite compicated for us beginners.. we should just wait until someone explains it to us or so

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Hmm.. which app do u use to explore the iPhone files? Is it Finder? And how do u transfer files from iPhone to comp and vice versa? Pls help. I wanna try this because the phone doesn't even show the names of people calling if they are saved in a different format.

it's not a software its kind of a tutorial.. here are the steps from http://i.unlock.no:

Changing phone number formating: (123) 456-7890

Formatting is stored in:
/System/Library/Frameworks/AddressBookUI.framework/ABPhoneFormats.plistDownload this file from your phone. The file is stored in binary format, so you'll need to convert it to text. Now save this file and open it in a text editor. Change the formatting under us to look like you want (if you find your region in the file, just copy from your region to the us). There's probably some way to just make it use your langauge (instead of 'us'), but i don't know where you specify that. When you are done changing formatting, save the file and upload it to the iPhone in same directory you found it. You don't need to convert i back to binary.
Update for 1.1.1 users: In previous versions locale settings did not apply to number formatting. I noticed that in 1.1.1 it does, so it's better to change the phone's locale configuration instead of changing the formatting manually. The configuration file is called .GlobalPreferences.plist and is located in /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/. Convert it to pure xml here, and change AppleLocale to the locale of your country. This will also change date and time settings, and in theory use your langauge in any application where it's available (appearantly very few apps)