how to copy Mac applications

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by lowram00, Jan 10, 2014.

1. lowram00

lowram00 Member
    Bronze

So I'm selling my retina but guy wants me leave all the apps i gotten like final cut x etc is there anyways do it without my id need for the updates or he just got buy them under his

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I recommend restoring it to factory settings. Those apps are tied to your account, so he can't use them unless you let him use your login credentials. If he has a problem with it, find another buyer and don't mention your apps since they can't have them.

3. lowram00

lowram00 Member
    Bronze

yeah i didn't i put in my listing everything be deleted and when you turn it on and be as if you got it from Apple but i like if there way do it i don't mind but i told him everything tie to me and i can't have you knowing my Apple id etc which he cool and understand but i figure i just ask but oh well thanks

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I recently sold a Mac and did just that, restored to factory. For a second, this thread had me second guessing, since I installed Mountain Lion on the SSD (stock drive had Snow Leopard). Then I recalled that I used a USB stick I had... whew! :eek: