How to decline calls in locked screen?

1. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member Bronze

Can anybody tell me how to decline or reject (not sending to voicemail) a call while the phone home screen is locked. I mean when the phone is locked. ?

2. Proplayer44

Proplayer44 Member Bronze

I didn't know you could reject a call stopping it from hitting voice mail with out answering it and the hanging up.

I simply tap the volume down toggle button on the side while locked to silence the ring when I'm not answering my bosses calls . Shhhh.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member Bronze

Ok Proplayer but that's not the way it should be! Anybody with the solution?

5. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist Silver

I hit the lock button (top button). I think it sends it to voice mail though.

6. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member Bronze

So you people mean there is no option of declining a call while the phone is in the locked mode! VERY VERY STRANGE!

7. Target

Target Evangelist Gold

I have not found a way to reject the call and not send them to Voicemail. You can only silence the call. If you don't answer for any reason, it will go to Voicemail.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

8. theorioles33

Why so angry? :)

Actually, I found the answer for you. Press the top button once to ignore and send to voice mail. Click the top button 2 times and it declines the call.

9. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist Gold

Pressing the top button once mutes the ringer (caller hears ringing till it goes to voicemail).

Pressing the top button a second time sends the call directly to voicemail.

There is no option to reject a call. And as far as I know that is not even possible without the carrier blocking that particular number. There are a few apps that claim to reject calls but what they do is answer and immediately hangup.

Michael

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. furndaddy

furndaddy Contributor Bronze

By "top" button, do you mean the power button? Hitting it once silences the ringer. Hitting it twice sends the call to voicemail. Sadly, I don't think there is a way to ignore the call without sending it to your voicemail.

11. theorioles33

Yes. I found this on Apples site. I thought decline meant not sending it to voicemail.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA38605?viewlocale=en_US

12. theorioles33

The more I think about it, why wouldn't you want it to go to voice mail? Why completely reject a call? Unless someone is calling and harassing you. :)

13. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius Gold

You could use YouMail. It allows you to set up specific answers when going to voicemail. As in, set it to use the out of service tones / voice message. Will mess with their minds & probably stop calling you.

14. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member Bronze

1. The idea is I want to make the calling Party to realise that I m intentionally rejecting his call so that he bears in mind that he is not liked calling me.

2. Another reason why I want to reject the call--- My father sometimes give me a miss call (An international call) then I call him back. BUT after few rings my phone goes to voicemail. He gets charged for an International call which is not desirable.

I AM SURPRISED OVER APPLE IF ONE CAN DECLINE A CALL IN UNLOCKED MODE WHY NOT ONE CAN DO THIS IN LOCKED MODE.

THIS IS ANOTHER REASON I HAVE STARTED DISLIKING APPLE. WHAT AN ADVANCED, NICE, GOOD BUT STUPID iPhone 4S APPLE PRODUCED WHICH HAS ALL THE BEAUTY AND ADVANCED FEATURES OF THE WORLD BUT LACKS THE BASIC FEATURES OF A CELL PHONE.

15. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member Bronze

You can consider any other phone Nokia for example, you can always reject a call even if the phone is locked. This is basic feature of a phone. Nobody wants to send every call to voicemail because sometimes you know in advance that the calling person is from marketing or insurance company. So you want to reject the call straight away thus making the calling party feel --- DON'T CALL AGAIN. It's as simple as that.

16. theorioles33

Sounds like you're pretty passionate about having that feature. I would just get a different phone.

17. JFN

JFN Member Bronze

Why not change phones?

18. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius Gold

Or jailbreak and get EZDecline and iBlacklist ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ezekiel2517

Ezekiel2517 Member Bronze

To decline a call just simply press the lock button twice.
    When you decline a call, it means that the call is rejected and is sent to voice mail.
    I am confused at to what exactly you want it to do, but you do realize that when you press the "decline" button when the screen is unlocked still sends it to voicemail, right?

20. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member Bronze

Yeah u r right Ezekiel, I just want to decline and don't Want to send it to voicemail. Anyhow thanks a lot everybody for your suggestions. I would better bear it rather than changing a phone.... ;) ... iPhone has many other features which I don't find in any other phone. But I would suggest to Apple if they read this thread that this feature they should add in the next version of iPhone. People like me will appreciate that.

Thank again all.

21. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist Gold

Both of these tweaks are essential.

I've never understood the "slide to answer" behavior from the lockscreen. Makes no sense. EZDecline is one of the first things I install after a fresh jailbreak just for that reason.

As for iBlacklist, I have this crazy ex-girlfriend that's been stalking me for about 12 years (seriously), and I've always wanted an easy software based way to block her calls. She is the sole reason why I bought this tweak, and to this day, her number is the only one I have blocked.

It's been worth every penny.

• Like Like x 1