How to decline calls in locked screen?

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Pressing the top button once mutes the ringer (caller hears ringing till it goes to voicemail).

Pressing the top button a second time sends the call directly to voicemail.

There is no option to reject a call. And as far as I know that is not even possible without the carrier blocking that particular number. There are a few apps that claim to reject calls but what they do is answer and immediately hangup.

Michael
This is 100% correct. I do it all the time.

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
There is one feature in iOS 6 that enables you to filter the calls.... Only allowed people can call you others will be filtered ....

Oct 1, 2012
I too have the same problem and share the frustration, the main reason I need the decline function, (i.e. decline without sending to voicemail) is that I forward calls from my work phone to my iPhone when I'm not in the office, however any calls that get forwarded I get charged for, (I.e. the cost of me effectively calling my mobile) so it is highly irritating and costly when I receive 10-20 telemarketing calls per day, (@ 20p per call, that's around £4 per day!) and I don't have a simple function for 'Declining' as obviously the second the call goes to voicemail I get charged as the call has 'connected'. Come on Apple this should be the most basic of options!