How to delete individual call records

wwan

Jul 27, 2008
Please help. Just picked up my iPhone 3G and found out that I can't delete individual call records. I've done a search and found people talking about apps like wetools and calld. As I am totally new to this, I have no idea how to install these programs. Do I need custom firmware, bootloader, etc? Please help. Thanks.

Jul 14, 2008
Those apps you found references too are for Jailbroken iPhones. You can jailbreak the 3G iPhone but I don't think there is much available to download yet and most likely not the apps you are looking for.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Cydia is the only "installer" currently available and as of yet there are few applications that can be downloaded. Give it a few days to a few weeks and there should be plenty of 3rd party applications available to download.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
Cydia is the only "installer" currently available and as of yet there are few applications that can be downloaded. Give it a few days to a few weeks and there should be plenty of 3rd party applications available to download.
so what methods are there for jail breaking the 3g, will ziPhone work?

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I doubt ziPhone will come around. If you look at his website he says that he will not jailbreak the 3G because he doesn't see a need for a 3G iPhone, and he will not buy a new one until they make major improvements

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Right now pwnage is the only method. Hang tight and programs will port over.

wwan

Jul 27, 2008
So programs like Calld wouldn't work on a 3G? Also, what is "Jailbreak"?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
So programs like Calld wouldn't work on a 3G? Also, what is "Jailbreak"?
I don't think i can give the best definition for what jailbreak is, its something i just understand. But essentially, what it allows you to do is very similar to what the app store is (thats why it was so big before 2.0 firmware because people wanted a source of third party applications). When you jailbreak you get a broken called installer, or in the 2.0 firmware jailbreak "cydia", that allows you do download third party applications for free (most of the time, excemptions being programs like Kate (aka Caterpillar)). Alot of people, though the new 2.0 firmware is out, still want to jailbreak for those apps because some that were available aren't in the Apple app store (either because they haven't been made yet or Apple wouldn't support a program that would do that function (a tv application for example). Another reason people jailbreak is because it allows for more customization for your phone. A popular application, summerboard, allows you to create themes (or download other peoples' through installer/cydia), change icon pictures, background photos etc... The cost of jailbreaking is that it voids your warranty. So if you had a jailbroken phone and it was freezing a lot, you couldn't bring it in to Apple and get help from the genius bar. However, a simple restore of your phone (reverting back to a new iPhone when restoring), erases any visible evidence of the jailbreak. I for example, had a jailbroken 1.1.4 phone, upgraded to 2.0 (in essense giving me a restored phone) and then brought my phone in since i was having problems and they replaced without a second thought. So if you do want some of the features of jailbreaking, you shouldn't hesitate.

As for programs CallD and we tools working on the 3g. At this point in time they probably won't. Most applications need to be ported to work on a new firmware when its released. For example, when 1.1.4 came out, there weren't that many applications available initially, but in time, the apps that were available to jailbroken 1.1.3 users made their way to 1.1.4

Hope this helps

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I am looking for the same thing. I recently "upgraded" to 1.1.4 and unlocked my phone. I had calld on the old version, but now it wont work with 1.1.4. When I open it up, it instantly closes.

wwan

Jul 27, 2008
Thanks Iman for such a detailed explaination. Really needed that. I guess it's just like flashing the PSP to play "homebrewed" games. So you mean everytime you upgrade your OS, all the installed programs become obsolete? I'll have to be on a look out for new versions of calld or wetool.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Thanks Iman for such a detailed explaination. Really needed that. I guess it's just like flashing the PSP to play "homebrewed" games. So you mean everytime you upgrade your OS, all the installed programs become obsolete? I'll have to be on a look out for new versions of calld or wetool.
Well they are obsolete to a degree. They just need to be made to work on an updated firmware. Sometimes, no updating of the app is required and they can function on 1.1.4 as they did on 1.1.3; However, i'm assuming that calld or wetools won't work on 2.0 without some modification because its a significantly changed firmware.

Jul 26, 2008
So there is no way to delete individual calls without downloading a 3rd party app? that's pretty lame, seems like a basic feature to me.

Dec 12, 2009
New York, NY
Wow! Hard to believe it's more than two years since the last post here yet this is still the best discussion I can find on how to add the capability to delete individual entries from the recent calls list. Does anyone have an update on how I can install this functionality on a 3G running 3.1? I'm also a real neophyte when it comes to iPhone stuff so any advice or guidancce whatsoever will be much appreciated. Al

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
That's because no one really cares to delete just one call. It's not that important.

Dec 12, 2009
New York, NY
Not so sure about that, Krunk

hey krunk, with all due respect i gotta disagree. just ask tiger woods (okay, he needed to delete around twelve) :)

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
filbertguy said:
hey krunk, with all due respect i gotta disagree. just ask tiger woods (okay, he needed to delete around twelve) :)
Well I guess if you're that guy that cheats on his wife then yes, it would come in handy. Not for me though.

Apr 1, 2010
Does anyone know how to delete individual incoming abd outgoing calls from the list

Wow! Hard to believe it's more than two years since the last post here yet this is still the best discussion I can find on how to add the capability to delete individual entries from the recent calls list. Does anyone have an update on how I can install this functionality on a 3G running 3.1? I'm also a real neophyte when it comes to iPhone stuff so any advice or guidancce whatsoever will be much appreciated. Al
Does anyone know how to delete individual iincoming or outgooing ccalls from the list