How to do multiple folders in Photo Library?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Goodwood

Aug 29, 2007
IN
Noob here, noob with iPhone too. Have had it less than 2 days.
What's the best way to create multiple folders for selecting in the Photo Library? Should they all be completely separate folders on the computer, or created as subfolders of the primary folder? Am on a PC btw.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Noob here, noob with iPhone too. Have had it less than 2 days.
What's the best way to create multiple folders for selecting in the Photo Library? Should they all be completely separate folders on the computer, or created as subfolders of the primary folder? Am on a PC btw.
Since you can only choose one main folder to sync with, I made one (on my PC) called iPhone Sync. Within that folder I created folders to hold photos that I wanted to sync with my iPhone (e.g., Alaska Trip, etc.).

Within iTunes I checked off the folders (within the iPhone Sync folder) that I wanted to sync (in my case, all of them).

I find this easier than trying to sync to a existing photo folders. I tried that at first and ended up with more photos than I really wanted. The approach I use now works well (and I still have a few thousand photos on my iPhone). The drawback is that the photos in my iPhone Sync folder already exist elsewhere. No biggie, as long as you have lost of HD space.

--
Mike

H

Hayesimus

Well. now ya tell me! I was wondering about that a WHILE ago. So yeah. Guess i'm gonna get around to doin that.