How to Downgrade your iPhone from 1.1.1 (Tutorial)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Has this worked for you?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Sep 26, 2007
I keep getting stuck where your supposed to run apptap its says error about something, My iPhones screen as at the "Activate iPhone" screen, This is supposed to happen right?
Ok then the next step is to run apptap again.. Ok it does nothing just says complete.
Next: The instructions say that "installer should be installed" then "Simply use iASign or whatever you use to bypass activation." <- is that to get by the "Activate iPhone" ?, if it is then I run the installer from my phone? I am totally clueless

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The poll needs to have an option such as "I'm happy with 1.1.1, I'm not downgrading." And "I'm not going to try."
Because I have no need to downgrade, I'm not voting.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
The poll needs to have an option such as "I'm happy with 1.1.1, I'm not downgrading." And "I'm not going to try."
Because I have no need to downgrade, I'm not voting.
Thanks for chiming in about your totally un-modable Firmware in a thread in the iPhone Modifications forum. The point of this thread is to understand the success of a downgrade path for those who want to.

amnesia

Sep 27, 2007
I'm glad that this could help.

For those who don't want to... I find it odd that you're reading this thread.

As mentioned the poll isn't asking you if you want to, it's asking whether it has worked for you if you tried it.
:)