How to download TV Shows into iTunes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Hey all, I did a search and didn't find anything specific to TV Shows. I have the Amerisoft iPhone video converter suite and it works great for converting DVDs or Videos to MP4 or M4V. I can import MP4 videos to my movies folder in iTunes without any issue. But I would like to be able to import the TV Shows I have to the TV Show folder in iTunes instead of into the Movies folder.
So I tried converting a couple of Seinfeld episodes to M4V (Which is the format the TV shows you get right from the iTunes store are in). I click on import and it still imports it into the Movies folder, instead of TV Shows.
Anyone have any suggestions? I am on the most up-to-date iTunes software so I don't think that is the issue.

Thanks

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Hey all, I did a search and didn't find anything specific to TV Shows. I have the Amerisoft iPhone video converter suite and it works great for converting DVDs or Videos to MP4 or M4V. I can import MP4 videos to my movies folder in iTunes without any issue. But I would like to be able to import the TV Shows I have to the TV Show folder in iTunes instead of into the Movies folder.
So I tried converting a couple of Seinfeld episodes to M4V (Which is the format the TV shows you get right from the iTunes store are in). I click on import and it still imports it into the Movies folder, instead of TV Shows.
Anyone have any suggestions? I am on the most up-to-date iTunes software so I don't think that is the issue.

Thanks
On the TV show, click "get info."
Go to the "video" tab and change video kind from movie to TV show.

Hope that helps.

iRyu

Jul 4, 2010
scandalex was right, kinda !

well iMerlin it seems that your sarcasms was part of your laziness, it took me 60 secs to find what scandalex was talking about when you go to ''get info'' ,well he got a little off when he said video tab but if you wonder in that menu for like a minute you would've seen in options tab the drop down that says media kind and that you can mod it to other types not just tv shows but any media kind in iTunes like iTunesU ,podcast or music video.
solving your problem and BTW you're welcome to check if I'm WRONG or RIGHT.

for anyone else the instructions to change to tv show is
go to movies added to iTunes and right click over the movie
then click get info and go to the options tab and then scroll down on media kind ,select proper media kind and hit OK and you're done.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
well iMerlin it seems that your sarcasms was part of your laziness, it took me 60 secs to find what scandalex was talking about when you go to ''get info'' ,well he got a little off when he said video tab but if you wonder in that menu for like a minute you would've seen in options tab the drop down that says media kind and that you can mod it to other types not just tv shows but any media kind in iTunes like iTunesU ,podcast or music video.
solving your problem and BTW you're welcome to check if I'm WRONG or RIGHT.

for anyone else the instructions to change to tv show is
go to movies added to iTunes and right click over the movie
then click get info and go to the options tab and then scroll down on media kind ,select proper media kind and hit OK and you're done.

I'm not sure how I was sarcastic in any way but thanks for your contribution.