How to easily jailbreak 1.1.3 with the FULL jailbreak (Windows/Mac)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
How to easily jailbreak 1.1.3 with the FULL jailbreak (Windows)

A simple how-to (Windows):
Update
(02/11/2007 6:01 PM MST): Mac stuff removed from guide.
Update
(02/13/2007 9:51 AM MST): GUI version is out, much easier!
Update (02/13/2007 12:45 PM MST): ZiPhone 2.0 now out! Guide updated.
Update (02/14/2007 12:32 PM MST): ZiPhone 2.1 now out! Guide updated.
Update (02/15/2007 9:14 AM MST): ZiPhone 2.2 now out. Verbose option removed. Guide updated.
Update (02/16/2007 2:18 PM MST): ZiPhone 2.3 now out. Guide updated.
Update (02/18/2007 9:41 AM MST): ZiPhone 2.4 now out. GUI version not included. Guide not updated.

• 1.) Perform a full restore to 1.1.3 via iTunes. You want to be on freshly restored 1.1.3. Don't bother syncing to iTunes, you can do that later. You can accept to restore from your previous backup now, or wait till you are finished jailbreaking 1.1.3.
  • 2.) Download ZiPhone2.3.zip (download updated 2/18/2007 9:41 AM MST) and extract its contents into a folder on your computer. Under Windows I recommend creating the folder c:\ZiPhone and extracting the contents there.

• 3.) Open "My Computer" and navigate to c:\ZiPhone, or wherever you extracted the contents of ZiPhone.zip. Double-click into the ZiPhone folder and then double-click ziPhoneGUI.exe.
  • 4.) At the main ZiPhone GUI screen check-off Jailbreak. Click start.
  • 5.) That's it! You will have Installer on your springboard. Enjoy. Close ZiPhone GUI. (The actual jailbreak process takes less than 3 minutes!)

Success! By FAR this was way easier than the previous jailbreak methods.

--
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
What doesn't work:

TuneWiki:
Enter these commands from a terminal session:
mkdir /private/var/root/Media/LRC
chmod -R 0777 /private/var/root/Media/LRC

NES, GBA, SNES, PSX Emulators cannot find Roms:
See fix here:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...-3-with-the-full-jailbreak-windows-mac.19789/

BeatPhone cannot find Samples:
See fix here:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...-3-with-the-full-jailbreak-windows-mac.19789/

iPhysics:
See fix here:

Issues:

Mail Application Doesn't Launch:
See fix here:

iBrickr, Funtastic, and iPhoneBrowser act like the iPhone is still not jailbroken and they can't be used to transfer files:
This is due to afc2 not being started. It can be fixed by editing a single plist. See here:

Or add this source in Installer:
http//i.unlock.no

Then install ZiPhone iBrickr Fix. Reboot iPhone for changes to take (turn completely off, then back on again).

EJW2202

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Does the jailbreak still have the problems with syncing contacts and using the finder on google maps or has all of that been fixed. I haven't checked on these things in a while.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Does the jailbreak still have the problems with syncing contacts and using the finder on google maps or has all of that been fixed. I haven't checked on these things in a while.
That's all been fixed with this new jailbreak.

Will test movie rentals next...

--
Mike

EJW2202

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Ok, thank you very much!

EJW2202

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
When you do the restore should you activate it or leave it at the slide for emergency screen?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
When you do the restore should you activate it or leave it at the slide for emergency screen?
I let it activate, but did not sync till I had everything working. Actually I did not even restore from the backup till I had it jailbroken.

Then I went to iTunes and told it to use my prior settings backup, which it did without issue.

Looks like movie rentals work too (they didn't work with any 1.1.3 jailbreak previously).

--
Mike

EJW2202

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Worked like a charm. Thanks again.

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
ok i follow the instructions, ran the cmd jailbreak file, didn't need to enter anything, it just told me to turn off phone, disconnected usb cable, hold down home key while connect usb connector, and no Apple sign pops up, what the hell!

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
wow this is very lucky for me, i had a jailbroken 1.1.3 from the previous method, last night, but had to restore because i accidentally did something wrong. i did not want to have to go through all the confusing instructions!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Do most 3rd party apps still work? Does Mobile user still have God privileges? Who released this - dev team or ...?
This was released by Zibri, hence ZiPhone. This was the jailbreak the dev team had been holding up--it's the real deal.

Still testing apps but I can confirm that movie rentals work!

--
Mike

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Cool a jailbreak with padded walls. Gonna give this a go after work.

This will be my final jailbreak, this flavor of the month crap is growing ridiculous.

Also has anyone tried this on a Mac yet?

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
ok i follow the instructions, ran the cmd jailbreak file, didn't need to enter anything, it just told me to turn off phone, disconnected usb cable, hold down home key while connect usb connector, and no Apple sign pops up, what the hell!
can anybody help me with this please?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
hey, can anyone help me? i just got to the part to power off the iPhone, but when i disconnect it and hold the home button while reconnecting it, it doesn't do anything.... can i get some help please?

EDIT: i am having the same problem as MiataLord above me ^^^

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
First, "off" means off, not sleep. After it's off you then hold down Home button while connecting the USB cable. The iTunes logo will appear shortly--let go of Home button when you see it.

--
Mike

brzman1

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Miami, Fl
A simple how-to (Windows/Mac):
(Note: As of this writing the Mac version is reportedly flaky. There should be an update out shortly.)

1.) Do a full restore to 1.1.3 via iTunes.

2.) Download jailbreak113full.zip and extract its contents into a folder on your computer. Under Windows I recommend creating the folder c:\113jb and extracting the contents there.

3a.) Windows: Open "My Computer" and navigate to c:\113jb, or wherever you extracted the contents of jailbreak113full.zip. Double-click jailbreak.cmd.

3b.) Mac: Open a terminal window and navigate to the folder you extracted jailbreak113full.zip into. Type ziPhone j to jailbreak. (Might need to chmod 777 the files first.)

4.) You will be prompted to put the iPhone into restore mode. The on-screen instructions may not be clear. Do not put it into DFU mode! Turn the iPhone off, disconnect it from the USB cable, then hold down Menu button while connecting it to the USB cable again. When the iTunes logo appears let go of the Menu button.

5.) That's it! You will have Installer on your springboard. Enjoy.

--
Mike
This method kick butt! However, the summerboard is in the script. How do i access it to change my themes?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
This method kick butt! However, the summerboard is in the script. How do i access it to change my themes?
Not sure what you meant by "in the script."

hey, can anyone help me? i just got to the part to power off the iPhone, but when i disconnect it and hold the home button while reconnecting it, it doesn't do anything.... can i get some help please?

EDIT: i am having the same problem as MiataLord above me ^^^
See my reply to MiataLord.

--
Mike

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
A simple how-to (Windows/Mac):
(Note: As of this writing the Mac version is reportedly flaky. There should be an update out shortly.)

1.) Do a full restore to 1.1.3 via iTunes.

2.) Download jailbreak113full.zip and extract its contents into a folder on your computer. Under Windows I recommend creating the folder c:\113jb and extracting the contents there.

3a.) Windows: Open "My Computer" and navigate to c:\113jb, or wherever you extracted the contents of jailbreak113full.zip. Double-click jailbreak.cmd.

3b.) Mac: Open a terminal window and navigate to the folder you extracted jailbreak113full.zip into. Type ziPhone j to jailbreak. (Might need to chmod 777 the files first.)

4.) You will be prompted to put the iPhone into restore mode. The on-screen instructions may not be clear. Do not put it into DFU mode! Turn the iPhone off, disconnect it from the USB cable, then hold down Menu button while connecting it to the USB cable again. When the iTunes logo appears let go of the Menu button.

5.) That's it! You will have Installer on your springboard. Enjoy.

--
Mike

Mike, these may sound like stupid questions , but I HAVE to ask! By menu button, u do mean the home button and if by some chance this doesn't work, can I rejailbreak 1.1.2?