How to easily jailbreak 1.1.3 with the FULL jailbreak (Windows/Mac)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I should know this but I don't. Do I have to do anything to restore it to 1.1.3? In other words, when I plug the phone in now it tells me a new version is available. Do I cancel that and then click restore? Wont that restore me to 1.1.2? Do I need to download 1.1.3 first, then do some kind of shift-restore thing?
Sorry for the stupid questions.
And thanks Tinman, I was waiting for you to post a guide like this for 1.1.3. You're posts are always dead on and very helpful. I used your method for 1.1.2 without any issues.
OK, if you agree to update the iPhone will update to 1.1.3. The issue is that you will have remnants left behind.

You can update to 1.1.3 (doesn't take long) and then immediately restore so that you get a clean 1.1.3.

Not sure what happens if you haven't downloaded 1.1.3 yet and go right to restore. But for sure you can use shift-restore to restore to 1.1.3 directly, without going through an update.

--
Mike

brzman1

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Miami, Fl
settings>wifi=next to the netwark you are connected to there is a blue arrow.. touch it and your ip address is right there
Thank you sir. Unfortunately, im not on wi-fi right now. I guess i'll wait until i get home and just install the new 1.1.3 updated yesterday.

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
What's the downside of just running the jailbreak with a 1.1.3 iPhone? I restored it to 1.1.3 a few weeks ago and don't feel like restoring it and having to copy 8GB of crap all over again. Any issues with this?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
What's the downside of just running the jailbreak with a 1.1.3 iPhone? I restored it to 1.1.3 a few weeks ago and don't feel like restoring it and having to copy 8GB of crap all over again. Any issues with this?
Nope, as long as it's not already jailbroken you are good to go.

--
Mike

kansashawks

Feb 3, 2008
ok does this work for the ipod touch to for the other features that are not related to the phone? For example do the games and other applications work with the jailbreak on ipod touch?

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Nope, as long as it's not already jailbroken you are good to go.

--
Mike
Ok cool. I might try this if I get bored...I had a jailbroken iPhone since 1.0.2 or whatever but I quickly realized I hardly ever used any of the apps at all. I'm half tempted to just wait until hopefully the SDK is released and we get official apps that have companies behind them to do proper testing/optimization, etc. IMHO most of the current apps are (with some exceptions) are half-assed attempts or just never fully realized...

Only app I used a lot was scummVM and I can live without it....

I've now got most of my apps back on and most work fine including Customize. It actually found some of my previous settings for sliders, etc.

The following work:

BossPrefs, Customize, Poof, SMB, SSH, HP-12C, VNotes, Sketches, Books, Converter, Pushr, iCountdown, weDict, SysInfo, Squid, iCrossword, iBlackjack, iSolitare, Garf, Frotz, Soduku, Backgammon, Mines & Marble.

The apps that don't work for me yet are iRadio and iFlix. iRadio just opens to a blank screen and closes, and iFlix opes to a blank screen, sits about 30 seconds and closes.

Is this also a owner issue or a rights issue?

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Mac Tutorial Please!

Has anyone installed this using Mac Leopard 10.5.2 with iTunes 7.6?
The OSX version is back, they say, and I read some comments on Zibri's blog, and people were having problems. (bus error)

They say you may have to use MobileDevice.framework for it to work on OSX.

I'm not sure what all this means, but perhaps a Mac guru can go through it all to let us know what we must do to get it to work.

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
iRadio!

The apps that don't work for me yet are iRadio and iFlix. iRadio just opens to a blank screen and closes, and iFlix opes to a blank screen, sits about 30 seconds and closes.

Is this also a owner issue or a rights issue?
Thanks. Anyone else confirm that iRadio doesn't work? I might have to wait. They haven't updated it in awhile.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
The OSX version is back, they say, and I read some comments on Zibri's blog, and people were having problems. (bus error)

They say you may have to use MobileDevice.framework for it to work on OSX.

I'm not sure what all this means, but perhaps a Mac guru can go through it all to let us know what we must do to get it to work.
I'd like to hear from a Guru as well. I'm still green when it comes to Macs, and would like to know whats up with this Mac version of the JB. From everything I've read it seems pretty flaky. I didn't find one post of a Mac user getting it to work outside VMware/Parallels when I checked lastnight, unfortunately.

To other Mac users out there, the current Jailbreak for PC works flawlessly under VMware.

tymphillips

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
Since the Mac version isn't up to par as the Windows version is...can I user my Windows machine to Jailbreak and then switch over to my Mac to activate and sync?

iPhone - At&T, 1.1.3(updated from 1.1.2OTB)

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Since the Mac version isn't up to par as the Windows version is...can I user my Windows machine to Jailbreak and then switch over to my Mac to activate and sync?
Do you have 1.1.3 on it already? If not, you will need to restore it to 1.1.3, cleanly. Either way, you can restore to 1.1.3 on your Mac or PC, then just use your Windoze machine to jailbreak. You can then resync everything back on your Mac. Am I right?

Me? I'll wait until they get it to work on the Mac.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona

iPhone - At&T, 1.1.3(updated from 1.1.2OTB)
Restore to 1.1.3 on the Mac, let it activate and restore settings. Then do the jailbreak on the Windows box (it will stay activated).

--
Mike

Listerman

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
I believe my iPhone is a 1.1.1 OTB but I do not remember. Is this a guaranteed work for any iPhone that was updated to 1.1.3?

paulomb

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Monterrey, MX
help please!

Tinman:

I have an OOTB 1.0.2 Jailbroken and unlocked, not sure what method was used to unlock (most likely anysim 1.0.2 which i believe messes up with the baseband), does it matters at this stage still?

Can I just Restore the whole thing to 1.1.3 and then run ZiPhone method to jailbrake and unlock? (does it erases all and replaces the old baseband and bootloader withe the new 1.1.3 included baseband and bootloader?)

Or will I get abrick while trying to restore to 1.1.3? will I have to virginize on 1.0.2 first? How can I do it?

thanks very much!

hinzy

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
Have you got:
SMSD
SMSNotify
CallD
Taskbar Notifier
Any Version of Customize

To work yet?
SendSong doesn't work for me either. It will play/stop the song but none of the other options work.

Anybody have any luck with any of these?

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
It looks like it worked. I had to do the DFU though, not just the home button. But I now have Installer on my 1.1.3 iPhone. I love you all! THanks again TinMike!