how to end recovery mode

johndoe521

Oct 4, 2007
Hello out there...
I have also have a problem with my iPhone. I tried to enter the recovery mode. (to install firmware 1.0.2 with iTunes...)

Now my iPhone is just showing the iPhone connector and an arrow towards to the iTunes symbol. I tried to switch the phone of by pressing down the home and power button for 5-10 Minutes... or only the power button... but the phone shows again and again only the connector and the iTunes symbol...

Does anybody knows a solution to start the phone in "normal" mode ? (no third party sortware is installed...)

thanks

Joern

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
use apptapp to put it to 1.0.2 if it fails it will revert back to normal mode...

johndoe521

Oct 4, 2007
How to end recovery mode ?

Hi, I tryed... "AppTapp Installer is now copying the ruired files to your iPhone". "This will take 2-3 minutes..." thats all I get... The iPhone switches into the "emergency call window" for a few seconds and shows again the connector and iTunes symbol...

Do you have any other idea ?

Thanks a lot
Joern

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Hello out there...
I have also have a problem with my iPhone. I tried to enter the recovery mode. (to install firmware 1.0.2 with iTunes...)

Now my iPhone is just showing the iPhone connector and an arrow towards to the iTunes symbol. I tried to switch the phone of by pressing down the home and power button for 5-10 Minutes... or only the power button... but the phone shows again and again only the connector and the iTunes symbol...

Does anybody knows a solution to start the phone in "normal" mode ? (no third party sortware is installed...)

thanks

Joern
Search the thread titled, Easier 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 downgrade method uncovered.
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/easier-1-1-1-to-1-0-2-downgrade-method-uncovered.11761/
I posted in detail how to solve the problem you are having...M

Last edited by a moderator:

johndoe521

Oct 4, 2007
hi,
thanks a lot. I've done it, like written at http://iPhone.fiveforty.net/wiki/index.php/Downgrade_from_1.1.1_to_1.0.2

Pharagr. B for "downgrading" to 1.0.2. ... after "jailbroken" I followed the "manual" of macwelt.de ... install SSH ... take a turbo SIM ... execute some commands ...

Now... 120 Minutes later my iPhone works :laugh2: I haven't tested thinks like EDGE but I can do normal phone calls ... use the internet with wlan and so on... the iPhone works now together with O2-Germany. I have looked up the "Modem Firmware" it is 04.01.13_G its the current firmware from 1.1.1 phones isn't it ?

greentings and thanks
Jörn

Sep 8, 2008
how can i resolve a restored application?

hello!can u help me about my iPhone 3g?because i restored my iPhone version 2.0.2 then after that i can't open some of my application like image and even taking photo..

can anyone help me?
thanks!