How to find a certain app?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
Hello all-

The Mrs. is loving having her own iPhone, and getting the apps she likes from mine. We have not been able to find one of her favorites with a search: It's called 'Debugger', copyright 2008 Tapware. The app icon says 'BugFree'.

Is there another way to find it? Could it have been discontinued, but if that's the case, wouldn't mine be deactivated? And failing anything else, is there a way to transfer/share my copy with her?

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
I have not been able to find it in the app store. It is very possible it has been taken down form the store. And yes even if an app is pulled it will stay installed on your phone. Every once in a while you will see people I here saying hurry and get a certain app before it gets pulled, because once you download it it's yours :D. I would just keep looking from time to time. It may show back up.

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
Thanky. Now I'm wondering how to get a copy of the app from my phone to hers? Our iTunes accounts are on separate computers.

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
Thanky. Now I'm wondering how to get a copy of the app from my phone to hers? Our iTunes accounts are on separate computers.
well there is a way to do it just from your phone if you would like. You can go into the app store app and go to featured and scroll down and log out of your account. Then log into hers, go to updates, then to purchased and download it. Then log out of her account and back into yours. Works every time. Only thing is, if it ever updates it will ask you for her password since it is downloaded under her account. You guys can share apps that way so only one of you has to purchase an app. :)

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
well there is a way to do it just from your phone if you would like. You can go into the app store app and go to featured and scroll down and log out of your account. Then log into hers, go to updates, then to purchased and download it. Then log out of her account and back into yours. Works every time. Only thing is, if it ever updates it will ask you for her password since it is downloaded under her account. You guys can share apps that way so only one of you has to purchase an app. :)
Don't understand how to do this when it's no longer in the app store?