How to find a certain app?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by bams50, Dec 27, 2011.

1. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

Hello all-

The Mrs. is loving having her own iPhone, and getting the apps she likes from mine. We have not been able to find one of her favorites with a search: It's called 'Debugger', copyright 2008 Tapware. The app icon says 'BugFree'.

Is there another way to find it? Could it have been discontinued, but if that's the case, wouldn't mine be deactivated? And failing anything else, is there a way to transfer/share my copy with her?

2. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

I have not been able to find it in the app store. It is very possible it has been taken down form the store. And yes even if an app is pulled it will stay installed on your phone. Every once in a while you will see people I here saying hurry and get a certain app before it gets pulled, because once you download it it's yours :D. I would just keep looking from time to time. It may show back up.

3. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

Also there are some apps that are region based, so keep that in mind. All apps don't show up, or are available to all users.

4. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

Thanky. Now I'm wondering how to get a copy of the app from my phone to hers? Our iTunes accounts are on separate computers.

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

check your PMs :) sent you one earlier today on this.

6. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

well there is a way to do it just from your phone if you would like. You can go into the app store app and go to featured and scroll down and log out of your account. Then log into hers, go to updates, then to purchased and download it. Then log out of her account and back into yours. Works every time. Only thing is, if it ever updates it will ask you for her password since it is downloaded under her account. You guys can share apps that way so only one of you has to purchase an app. :)

7. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

oops just saw this. Did I give it away already?

8. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

Got it and replied... with more questions:)

9. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

Don't understand how to do this when it's no longer in the app store?

10. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

does it show up under purchased? If not then there are ways to transfer the app from the iTunes account on the computer over to the other phone you need it on

11. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

OK. We'll see if we can figure it out this weekend when she's home. Thanks again!