How-to fix iBrickr+Manaza+iPhonebrowser on 1.1.1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
So i finally made the leap of faith and updated to 1.1.1 and jailbroke my phone with the jailbreakme.com method...

As anyone knows that used the jailbreakme.com method that the phone wil not work with jailbreak, manaza and iPhonebrowser because you will only see the iTunes control folder and not the applications or any other of the folders you need to modify files...

You must have a wifi connection to use WinSCP...

To repair this you must first install WinSCP and connect to your phone...

then you can see the filesystem... you must now navigate to the
/System/Library/Lockdown/
folder and copy the services.plist to a safe place for backup....

next delete the services.plist file on the phone... and replace it will the one attached to this post...

restart the phone

open ibrickr and install the pxl deamon...

if the pxl deamon does not want to install (worked for me)

you add this to your installer sources area
http://conceitedsoftware.com/iPhone/beta/

to add it just click your installer app, click on the sources tab, hit edit, and hit add and input the address... then you should see it in the install tab

ibrickr, manaza and iPhonebrowser now work like a charm again...:laugh2:

i don't take credit for this i found this information on a post over at MMi
http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11945

Attachments

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Im lost. I jailbroke my phone and immediately used iPhonebrowser without having to install other stuff to make it work.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your post.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
when doing an update form 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and haveing to do a clean install and then using the jailbreakme.com method to jailbreak the phone it causes it to not be able to see anything in iPhone browser... all you see is the iTunes control folder and not the applications,system or anything else... if you jailbroke it and it works then you do not need to do this... this is just for those that jailbroke 1.1.1 and cannot acess there filesystem totaly anymore

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
Why was a separate thread created to say this? Looking for thanks? Or wanna make sure they remember to thank u?
no i help not bury the post because of the tons of new posts by people just joining EIP looking for answers and not seraching.... i don't want any thanks for this just providing iformation that will be useful to a number of people who jailbroke 1.1.1 with the stated method and ran into this issue...

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
no i help not bury the post because of the tons of new posts by people just joining EIP looking for answers and not seraching.... i don't want any thanks for this just providing iformation that will be useful to a number of people who jailbroke 1.1.1 with the stated method and ran into this issue...
There was supposed to be a smilie face at the end of my previous comment to you. :laugh2:

t74supra

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
i lost the services and now my phone wont connect to my computer or i tunes or anything. is there a way to get this back because i cant restore

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
if the phone is still up and running just double check your ip and you should be able to put the file in with WinSCP.... as you delete the file you are sopouse to copy the new file in there after

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
ok did ibrickr work before or is this the first time using it... where is the folder located... it should be just in the c drive as in c:/ibrickr/

t74supra

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
ibrickr would never connect to my phone. but i put the other sevices thing i deleted the first time back on and restarted my phone and it still wont connect to iTunes or my computer

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
as it is right now can the pc see it, can iTunes see it, or can ibrickr see it.... as stated in the guide to do that file swap it has to be done with WinSCP that requires a wifi connection