How-To fix YouTube on 1.1.1

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
If you used the jailbreakme.com method to jailbreak your phone then you may have noticed that your youtube doesn't work anymore:(...

Well there is a quick and easy fix that doesn't even require a computer....

all you have to do is add

http://i.unlock.no

to your installer apps sources

to add this to your installer app just click your installer app, click on the sources tab, hit edit, and hit add and input the address... then you should see a unlocking tools tab in the install area...

click into that tab and install the youtube activation, restart your phone and boom now you can watch youtube videos to your hearts content :laugh2:

note: there are some other cool tools in the unlocking tools tab also... such as anySIM, EDGE settings fix, Enable International menu, and OneSIM...

enjoy...

bloodbath18

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Installed it and it doesn't seem to work for me...

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
did you install the package from the unlocking tools? or just set up the source? and did you restart your phone after installing the youtube activation.... also are you using the 1.1.1 firmware?

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
What are you talking about? After I did jailbreakme.com YouTube worked just fine and keeps working just fine.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
What are you talking about? After I did jailbreakme.com YouTube worked just fine and keeps working just fine.
didn't work for me when i came from 1.0.2 and had to do a clean restore... maybe if it updated and didn't do a full restore but i know there are some people on here that had the same situation... if it worked fine there wouldn't be a patch to repair it

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
NVM LOL

UK iPhone :D

bloodbath18

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Could you please be more specific on what did not work?

Thanks,
First I added the source to my Installer then installed it from the unlocking tools package then I restarted my phone (not soft reboot) but it still says "Cannot connect to YouTube" and my firmware is 1.1.1. Sorry for the late reply...

truehybridx

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
the problem if you have an unlocked iPhone is you need to setup the EDGE settings........ :( which is a pain.....

then after that i still get "cannot connect to youtube" and "youtube not avaliable" which is really annoying so i keep on trying and if it works it works if not then that sucks
i have the youtube fix and edge settings fix on here and thats as good as it gets for me

does anyone kno of another way to fix this?

Julian

Nov 14, 2007
I'm having the same problem except that the error message I consistently get is "Error playing movie". I have http://i.unlock.no and that's how I was able to jailbrake my phone in the first place (thank you very much). I applied the YouTube activation fix (which is clearly for people who can't even connect in the first place. I don't have that problem).

Any chance for someone to help? My phone came with 1.0.2 and I followed the instruction at i.unlock.no to upgrade to 1.1.1 and then unlock and it worked like a charm the very first time. I've used my phone now for 2 days with China Mobile, but I can't get YouTube to play play anything. It'll connect and download and then I get a pop-up, "Error playing movie" and then an OK button and that's it.

Thanks for any help you can give me.:confused:

foxhuntcan

Nov 28, 2007
I'm having the same problem except that the error message I consistently get is "Error playing movie". I have http://i.unlock.no and that's how I was able to jailbrake my phone in the first place (thank you very much). I applied the YouTube activation fix (which is clearly for people who can't even connect in the first place. I don't have that problem).

Any chance for someone to help? My phone came with 1.0.2 and I followed the instruction at i.unlock.no to upgrade to 1.1.1 and then unlock and it worked like a charm the very first time. I've used my phone now for 2 days with China Mobile, but I can't get YouTube to play play anything. It'll connect and download and then I get a pop-up, "Error playing movie" and then an OK button and that's it.

Thanks for any help you can give me.:confused:
I am also using China Mobile. I think that its not a iPhone problem but more of a China gov. blocking youtube. If theres anybody that can fix it let us know because I would like to know also... Thanks.

Julian

Nov 14, 2007
I think it's the phone. I'm in Houston at the moment and tried again and am getting the same error message after it's done downloading.