How to flip video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Suzanne, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

I have taken some videos with my iPhone 4 but when I go to play it back on my computer it is sideways. Is there a way to flip it, like I do a photo, so I can see it up right?

Thanks for any help with this.

Suzanne

2. ZenFury

ZenFury New Member

Boy I'd like an answer to this as well. Bought a time lapse app that apparently record upside down when you are shooting Witt the volume button on top . . .

3. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

There's an iPhone app called "Rotate Video" in the Appstore.

4. aurther11

aurther11 New Member

you can use a converter like ReduxEncoder, or an online converter tool like Zamzar.
    Use File -> Import Movies… to select your converted video. iMovie will analyze the video and generate thumbnails, so this can take a few minutes for larger video files.
    Before we’re able to use the video, you’ll need to add it to your Project Library from your Event Library. Just make sure you select the whole clip, and drag it over to the other side of the screen.
    Now deselect the clip from your Event Library, and select the copy in the Project Library. To rotate your video, open the Crop menu, make sure it’s set to ‘Fit’, and use the rotate buttons. When you’re sattisfied, press Done.
    You’ll notice that you’re video has now been rotated in your Project Library. To export it, go to Share -> Export Movie… or press cmd+E.
    As with Windows Live Movie Maker, you can also upload your rotated movie directly to YouTube, or your personal MobileMe Gallery.

5. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

OK the iPhone app rotate video doesn't work. It will rotate a video on my iPhone but when I put it on my computer it is still side ways. When I video something on my iPhone, it is right when I view it on my iPhone but when I put it on my computer it is sideways. I want it to be right on my computer so I can burn all my videos to a DVD.
    I am going to try the other way aurther11 suggested but it sounds confusing. I will post on here when I give it a try and see if it will work. Thanks for all the input.

6. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

OK I just realized a program I already have on my computer will do the trick. Yay! It is called Cyberlink Power Director. Thanks for all the advice

7. lemoon

lemoon Member
    Bronze

Hmm, I once use the iFunia to do some editing for me. Thanks you remind me, I think the Cyberlink PowerDirector can do nice works, but I found it's 30-day trial, limited features, maybe you could put the process here and let know how it works. Then I would consider to buy it or not for $99.95. ;)

8. psylichon

psylichon Genius

MPEG Streamclip will do it, as well as many other handy functions. I use it often to brighten dark videos or compress long ones to just under 25MB for emailing. The conversion is much better than the iPhone's built-in recompression.

http://www.squared5.com/

9. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

I have Cyberlink Power Director V. 8 and use it and I just discovered it will rotate my videos. when in the frame you want rotated click on the Powertools button and one of the choices is rotate. I was excited to find this. I burn a lot of slideshows with music using this program and I love it.