how to get apps on iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
i saw in the modifying thread that you need to install certin apps using the Installer. how do i access this installer and get these programs and features on my phone

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
download iBrickr and it'll talk you through it.
says i need to restore my iPhone before doing this? if thats true i will lose all my contact information, etc.. i'd really rather not put all my contact info in again if i do not have to, is this the only way?

edit: i decided to try it, i got to the step in iBrickr where it says power it back on in restore mode, when the gray Apple appears hold the power and home button until a yellow triangle appears. that never appears.. just turns off and back on a lot..

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
says i need to restore my iPhone before doing this? if thats true i will lose all my contact information, etc.. i'd really rather not put all my contact info in again if i do not have to, is this the only way?

edit: i decided to try it, i got to the step in iBrickr where it says power it back on in restore mode, when the gray Apple appears hold the power and home button until a yellow triangle appears. that never appears.. just turns off and back on a lot..
As long as you have synced that information, it will "re-install" that information at the next sync. I have been hearing a few people saying that they can't get ibrickr to work now.......what phone software version do you have?

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Just go here.

And download the GUI installer of Installer.app. It does everything for you, including jailbreaking your iPhone.

If your phone is acting all wonky, do a hard reset. Hold the home and power buttons at the same time until the power off slider comes up. Slide it off. Wait a bit, then press the power button to start it up. AppTap works with all three versions of iPhone software, so no worries there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
ok this seemed to work better except now im at the end of the process of AppTapp, and my phone automaticly turned off, and AppTap says Completed but the progress bar is only about 4/5 full and its not moving..should I hit Close?

edit: ok I have the installer icon, am I gettinga ll the same installer options and aps that iBrickr gets or are all of these programs different?

bgattis

Sep 10, 2007
Is this working yet with version 1.0.2 and iTunes 7.4.1.2? It tells me that I need to upgrade my firmware.