How to get contacts onto iPhone

golfergirl13

Bronze
Apr 10, 2009
I recently bought a iPhone 3g unlocked and jailbroken over at ebay. I am wondering how do I get all my contacts to the iPhone. I have over 75 contacts and don't want to manually type it in.

By the way, I'm very new to the iPhone. Any help would be appreciated.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Where are your contacts now? If they're on the SIM card from your previous phone, see page 97 of the iPhone user guide. If they're on your computer, just adjust the settings in iTunes to be sure they transfer over to your iPhone when you sync it - see page 10 of the user guide.

Last edited by a moderator:

originalg00kster

Bronze
Mar 19, 2009
was wondering how i would transfer my sim card contacts over to the 3g? i have a blackjack 1st gen by the way.

Rozae

Apr 10, 2009
UK
I've just signed upto Mobile Me, it's the perfect soloution to keep my contacts synced and always being abe to recover them incase of a crash or hdd death! :D

After my trial is up i'll definitely be purchasing it. I can't wait to get my 3rd gen iPhone now :p

ain

Apr 17, 2009
I synchronize with gmail contacts...

... and it works very well, syncrhonizing both ways. Add something in gmail or on your iPhone and it shows up on the other after synchronizing.

It doesn't synchronize photos though.

You can tell iTunes to synchronize with your gmail.

ain

Jokes on your iPhone - www.13jokes.com

golfergirl13

Bronze
Apr 10, 2009
Where are your contacts now? If they're on the SIM card from your previous phone, see page 97 of the iPhone user guide. If they're on your computer, just adjust the settings in iTunes to be sure they transfer over to your iPhone when you sync it - see page 10 of the user guide.
When I go to page 97 of the user's manual, it says about passocde lock on the iPhone. And when I go to page 10, it says about mail accounts. What do you mean "just adjust the setting in iTunes because its not on page 10.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
When I go to page 97 of the user's manual, it says about passocde lock on the iPhone. And when I go to page 10, it says about mail accounts. What do you mean "just adjust the setting in iTunes because its not on page 10.
I really don't know what else to tell you - it's a PDF document and there are page numbers in the bottom left-hand corner of each page. Pages 10 and 97 have exactly what I described on them. :confused:

golfergirl13

Bronze
Apr 10, 2009
I really don't know what else to tell you - it's a PDF document and there are page numbers in the bottom left-hand corner of each page. Pages 10 and 97 have exactly what I described on them. :confused:
Hmmmm.....I am using the PDF file that you quote in one of the post. Unfortunately, I don't remember the post.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I've just signed upto Mobile Me, it's the perfect soloution to keep my contacts synced and always being abe to recover them incase of a crash or hdd death! :D

After my trial is up i'll definitely be purchasing it. I can't wait to get my 3rd gen iPhone now :p
Don't freak out when all of your contacts disappear the first time you sync with MobileMe. They will be back after a while. Mark

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com

golfergirl13

Bronze
Apr 10, 2009
That is an older version of the iPhone user guide. The one I linked to above is the latest one - use that one.
Man, when I went to iPhone so that I could reply, I realized my thread has been moved to the General Discussions forum

Anyways, I just updated the PDF that you mentioned.

When I clicked on the information tab within iTunes, it said synch contacts with outlook, yahoo address, windows contact, google contacts. It says NOTHING about synching with a previous phone (Samsung blackjack), thereforee, how to do I sync?

originalg00kster

Bronze
Mar 19, 2009
hey golfer girl, i too had a Samsung blackjack before this...and it was REALLY SIMPLE. I didn't think it could get any easier but this is how you do it.

1. Insert 3g sim card into the iPhone.
2.Go into Settings >Mail,Contacts,Calendars > and then scroll down and click import sim contacts.

haha, there you go.

golfergirl13

Bronze
Apr 10, 2009
hey golfer girl, i too had a Samsung blackjack before this...and it was REALLY SIMPLE. I didn't think it could get any easier but this is how you do it.

2.Go into Settings >Mail,Contacts,Calendars > and then scroll down and click import sim contacts.

haha, there you go.
Ok, I just found the import sim contacts and its taking forever. Maybe its because I have over 75 contacts.

golfergirl13

Bronze
Apr 10, 2009

haha, there you go.
Sweet! I did that and got all my contacts. Thanks.

golfergirl13

Bronze
Apr 10, 2009
I just realized that it only imported 30 of my contacts out of 75. Therefore, how do I import the rest of my contacts?

originalg00kster

Bronze
Mar 19, 2009
I just realized that it only imported 30 of my contacts out of 75. Therefore, how do I import the rest of my contacts?
no problem golfer girl, ummm maybe you saved them to the phone instead of the sim? cause all of my 250+ contacts only took like maybe 30 seconds. but just go back to blackjack and make sure all your contacts are saved to the sim and not the phone.

golfergirl13

Bronze
Apr 10, 2009
no problem golfer girl, ummm maybe you saved them to the phone instead of the sim? cause all of my 250+ contacts only took like maybe 30 seconds. but just go back to blackjack and make sure all your contacts are saved to the sim and not the phone.
I only had the blackjack for about 2 weeks before I got the iPhone, thereforee, how can I save the phone contacts to the sim rather than the phone?

originalg00kster

Bronze
Mar 19, 2009
Oh that's easy. Put the aim back in your blackjack and click on the contact and choose the copy to sim or something.