How to get Custom ringtones!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Apix

Jul 6, 2007
Just be warned it says it can brick your phone so... I'm not trying it. Hope someone here will and post if it works.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
This looks pretty legit. If not, since we're all still within the 14 day return window, we could theoretically try this and then if it breaks the phone, we could just go play dumb at the Apple store and get an exchange...

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
This looks pretty legit. If not, since we're all still within the 14 day return window, we could theoretically try this and then if it breaks the phone, we could just go play dumb at the Apple store and get an exchange...

crapola....don't have a mac.....don't need a brick in my life....i have enough paper weights at home.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Are these instructions only for Mac? I've never heard of Terminal. For PCs we have something called Command Prompt and I'm wondering if that's the same thing...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Are these instructions only for Mac? I've never heard of Terminal. For PCs we have something called Command Prompt and I'm wondering if that's the same thing...
there will be instructions coming tonight on adding custom ringtones with a PC as well. I'll keep you informed.

Mark's a pretty sharp guy. I think they're trying to get a better method that doesn't cause you to lose your sync ability. I know I wouldn't do this right now. I like the way my phone works without any buggy side effects.

AllanGT

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Dallas
It's amazing to me how these guys figure this stuff out! as, for me, I'll admire this one from the sidelines for now, until a method comes along with a bit less risk. Good luck to those who try it, and great work to those who figured it out :laugh2:

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
It's amazing to me how these guys figure this stuff out! as, for me, I'll admire this one from the sidelines for now, until a method comes along with a bit less risk. Good luck to those who try it, and great work to those who figured it out :laugh2:
my thoughts exactly man :)

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
that is a lot of work and semi complicated . but glad they got the sync issue fixed. just waiting for a pc version...