how to get internet, apps store, GPS working

jamesabc

May 7, 2009
i recently got a new iPhone 3G on prepay. i click on safari, apps store etc but it can not connect to network. i havnt done anything, i just bought the phone and stuck the sim card in it. what do i have to do to get these working online?

thanks

p.s i get this message each time

"could not activate cellular data network: PDP authentication failure"

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Have you activated the phone? Are you able to send / receive texts calls etc? Also, if it isn't an iPhone plan, have you got data on your plan?

jamesabc

May 7, 2009
Have you activated the phone? Are you able to send / receive texts calls etc? Also, if it isn't an iPhone plan, have you got data on your plan?
activated? txt and calling works its just that the internet does not work. do you have to have a separate data plan that is different from normal txt call plan?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
activated? txt and calling works its just that the internet does not work. do you have to have a separate data plan that is different from normal txt call plan?
Yes, the data plan for the phone is $30/mo. You need to go to an ATT store to get set up for this.

jamesabc

May 7, 2009
Yes, the data plan for the phone is $30/mo. You need to go to an ATT store to get set up for this.
hmmm. i thought you could just pay for the internet from your prepay on your sim card since i just took it out of my old phone and put into the iPhone. this extra phone plan i was not expecting. also do you need an iTunes account as well to download apps and stuff?

thanks