How to get music with your $100 credit...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

drumorama

Jun 27, 2007
Riverside, CA
So I'm on my way back from the Apple Store and was able to get $100 worth of music. If you read the terms and conditions on the credit page, it states you can't buy iTunes certificates, which are different than gift cards. Certificates are electronic, points that you use online and can give to other people. Gift cards are different than certificates. There was a little confusion at first, but after getting a manager involved who was more familiar with the Apple terminology, I walked away with my $100 iTunes card. Good luck.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Gift cards (as well as cirtificates) are clearly excluded in the terms and conditions of the $100 credit. You can follow the link posted earlier on this board and read the fine print (I can't copy and paste from the iPhone or I would have pasted the text here).

I think the manager was mistaken.

You lucked out! Enjoy your music! :laugh2:

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
The original poster didn't use the full phrase "iTunes Gift Card" (although it may have been implied) so I assummed he meant "Apple Gift Card".

It is true that I didn't see an exclusion of iTunes Gift Cards.

r81gsr95

Aug 14, 2007
why would you buy 100 dollars of music from iTunes? thats just a waste of money. Spend it on something else and download the music for free.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
why would you buy 100 dollars of music from iTunes? thats just a waste of money. Spend it on something else and download the music for free.
First of all, it's illegal. Secondly, I'll probably buy movies. But most important, I don't want something else.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Crap. I just bought the Apple BT headset because I couldn't find anything else I could want or use. Oh Well, I'll keep that in mind if I ever get another credit.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
iTunes has a nice interface, but it's a rip off! 99 cents a song? Guys, go check out gomusic.ru or mp3sparks.com. They have a huge selection of mainstream music, it's NOT illegal, and it's only 19 cents a song. They are also MP3s instead of iTunes copyright protected file format.

Spending your $100 on iTunes, IMHO, is not smart shopping.

Jul 27, 2007
Yes I bought two $50 gift cards from the online store. Already shipped. :laugh2:
When'd you place your order? I ordered yesterday (Fri) at 6 PDT and they haven't shipped yet. I'm wondering if they are running out of the $50s. Maybe I should have bought 4x$25 instead.

I'll be driving by an Apple store tomorrow... maybe I should cancel my order and try to pick them up in-store.

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
iTunes has a nice interface, but it's a rip off! 99 cents a song? Guys, go check out gomusic.ru or mp3sparks.com. They have a huge selection of mainstream music, it's NOT illegal, and it's only 19 cents a song. They are also MP3s instead of iTunes copyright protected file format.

Spending your $100 on iTunes, IMHO, is not smart shopping.
Actually, those sites probably ARE illegal, just not if you buy the songs in Russia - do a google. Maybe the jury is still out, but with dodgy too-good-to-be-true offers, I judge guilty til proven innocent.

If an artist is going to be cheated out of their earnings because a person thinks pirating is okay, that's one thing, but to reward a third party into the bargain - that's crazy!

The industry might well be bloated, but I'll happily pay a bit more if I know at least some of the cash is going into the artists pocket.

Jul 27, 2007
I ordered 4 of the $25 RED cards - I get my $100 worth of songs, and Africa gets some money to fight AIDS.
Yeah, I didn't see those until after I had already ordered. Since they haven't shipped, I tried to cancel to see if I could pick up the cards in a store, but... "We regret that your order cannot be cancelled online."