How to get pictures taken from contact

etdashou

Bronze
Jan 22, 2009
Hi all,

Their is something I don't understand. If I go to my contact app and I edit one of my contact. I then select the option to Add a Photo and take the picture with this app (not by using the PHoto app on the iPhone). This picture taken is then added to the contact.

The problem I have is that I can't upload this picture to my computer or I can't email it to myself. This picture is like.... nowhere on the iPhone.

Is there a way to get this picture back? Or it is stuck as my contact picture only?

spikedfo

Bronze
Oct 29, 2008
jailbreak iPhone use some contact management tools. They can export the contact picture.

etdashou

Bronze
Jan 22, 2009
I actually need to hack my phone to get a picture I took with it? what the....

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
So the picture you want to download from the phone is not in the camera roll? When that contact calls you, is their picture taking up full screen or just on the upper right hand corner?

etdashou

Bronze
Jan 22, 2009
It takes the full screen.
The exact procedure I took to assign a Photo to a contact is:

1- Open Contact app
2- Access any of your contacts
3- Edit this contact
4- Press the picture icon and choose the option to "Take Photo"
5- Take the photo and Press "Set Photo"
6- Press Save, to save your changes on the contact.

The picture taken this way is not accessible in the Camera Roll section of your "Photo" Application.

-> What
-> The
-> Hell

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Unfortunately, you found out the hard way. I never added pictures to my contact using your method so I never knew it doesn't save the picture in the camera roll. Kinda lame if you ask me. I always assigned my contact pictures through gmail because I use exchange which puts the contact picture on the upper right hand of the screen when they call. I didn't like the pictures to go full screen.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Sorry to thread jack but ZR Yancy mentioned that there can be a pic in the upper right corner when a contact calls. I have one contact where the pic does do that. What does that mean and how did I do that?