How to get rid of Lagging Text Messages?

coolnwo

Jun 8, 2008
Everytime I write a TXT message it lags. How do I get rid of the lagging?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
reboot your phone (hold the home button and sleep/wake for about 8 seconds) itll make the lag go away for a little while.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Actually, you only have to hold the sleep/wake button for about 4-5 seconds. You'll get a "slide to power off" slider at the top of the screen. Slide it and the phone will power off. When it's completely off, press and hold the sleep/wake button again to boot it up.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
I mentioned the typing lag when I was at the Apple Genius Bar today and was told that it will be corrected. I don't know that it's true, but that is what the guy said which makes it at least as valuable as any other rumor out there. :)

Dec 11, 2007
To stop the lag, turn off 3g.

Thats what I have done. I will be keeping it disabled until they sort it.

Its pathetic that they don't notice these things when testing. I and many others saw it after a few hours of operating

APPLE QC, sort it out!

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
to stop the lag all I do is press the home button and go back to typing the text and it's ok after that.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Turning off 3G may stop messages from hanging up while you are sending them, but it does not stop the keyboard lag when you are typing. I live in a 3G-less town and haven't had 3G on at all; I still have lag.

I was happy to hear from an Apple employee that it is an actual problem that they are expecting to be addressed in an update rather than just some flukey thing going on with some small percentage of phones.

Jmusiq

Jun 25, 2008
i get that lagging a lot. i do a lot of texting and it gets really irritating especially when im in a rush typing fast, it lags so bad!

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
i get that lagging a lot. i do a lot of texting and it gets really irritating especially when im in a rush typing fast, it lags so bad!
I'm so new to the iPhone that I type so slowly that I don't notice any lag. ;)

With my Blackjack's keyboard, and slide-out keyboards from my other Windows Mobile phones, I could pump out quite a few messages in a short amount of time. I can't wait for the day that I get proficient enough to do that with my new iPhone. :(

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
I'm so new to the iPhone that I type so slowly that I don't notice any lag. ;)

With my Blackjack's keyboard, and slide-out keyboards from my other Windows Mobile phones, I could pump out quite a few messages in a short amount of time. I can't wait for the day that I get proficient enough to do that with my new iPhone. :(
You can 'practice' and gauge your improvement over time... www.iPhonetypingtest.com

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Its pathetic that they don't notice these things when testing. I and many others saw it after a few hours of operating

APPLE QC, sort it out!
Well they do test the phones, I've had mine fir two days and it dosent lag when I do anything. Maybe it's bc I turn my phone off at night when charging and turn it on in the morning when I wake up. Not many ppl I know can use an iPhone and sleep at the same time.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Upgrade to 5A347 build check here at my other post.

Last edited by a moderator:

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Ohhh... i hope i don't have this im getting mine monday! It finally shipped today

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Wow. That's impressive. I've been typing on an iPhone for just short of a year, but I can't get over 45... You win. :)
Haha, my max was 65 WPM - but take into account I'm a teenager, and you probably have responsibilities in your life - something I fortunately live without so far.

:laugh2: