How to Hack the Demo's to Full Version!

arminzol

Aug 29, 2007
Does anyone know that if there is any source that would have the demo apps, but in full version so that we don't have to pay for each application that we like. Like I really like the Labyrinth game but I can't afford to pay for it, can anyone hack these applications and put them on a source or anywhere?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I think you may find that posting a link like that (if there was one) would not be smiled upon at this site.
If you like app, why not try to find a way to stump up some money for it, rather than looking to do things that make it harder for the developer to earn anything from it - which might well help him to make this, and other, apps better!

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Really! You can't find $7 anywhere?

Someone worked very hard to create that game. What makes you think you should get it for free? I don't get it.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
You could also try searching this site and find the installer source that has the beta version of the program so you can play it. Posting a hacked version or even linking a hacked version is against the forum policies and will get you banned.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You could also try searching this site and find the installer source that has the beta version of the program so you can play it. Posting a hacked version or even linking a hacked version is against the forum policies and will get you banned.
Plus, most of us here really appreciate what the developers are doing. If you like a program enough that you want to steal it, then I suggest coughing up a couple bucks and buy it, get the full support and updates that would be offered by the developer, and be happy that you have some great software that you OWN.
The developers for 3rd party apps are not like the big software companies out there. It's usually 1-2 guys working at home, on the side from their regular jobs trying to make a little cash, which is why they ask for a little in return for their hard work.
Big software companies have large mark-ups on their software and usually teams of programmars working on an application. While I cannot condone software piracy, I don't feel bad for companies like Microsoft and Adobe, since if it wasn't for piracy, a lot of their products would never be as popular as they are, but there is a line and on this forum, it's drawn pretty big and black. Please don't cross it.

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
I swear, that the last few posts are just stating exactly the same thing.
But that title is pretty misleading.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Alright, so I was on the fence about this one for a long time, but I think it comes down to one thing with "Hacked" programs you have to pay for, and thats the problem of losing your application with each new firmware upgrade.

If this CameraPro does become legit and ends up on iTunes that would be great for early adopters, but by no means should you have to pay to in essense be a beta-tester for the mainstream users out there who don't mod and don't subject their iPhones to the risks we do by modding them.

So is it fair to charge for an application on an otherwise hacked OS? I don't particularly think so, I feel its much like sneaking into your neighbor's yard to use their pool, and then charging your friends to use it too.

That said, I will say this:

Search the web for "CameraPro Lock 5" for your answers

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Maybe I am misreading what you put x999x, but are you saying that because we are running these programs on a hacked system the people that spend their time and effort to create these programs should not be able to charge for their work? What if you have a single copy of Windows and you hack the install so it doesn't check with Microsoft to see if they are legit, and you install it on several computers would it then be okay to steal programs that your going to run on those computers instead of paying them since you using them on a hacked os?
I can understand being against charging for a piece of software that you are releasing in a test (Beta) phase and asking for input from the users to help you work out bugs. The program he mentioned is Labyrinth (not sure where you got CameraPro from) and there was (and still is available) a beta version of the program. If you want to use the release version (1.0) then the author has asked for a reasonable fee for his time and effort.
I don't see how that author should not be able to charge for that just because you choose to run it on a hacked os. His time and effort went into the program either way.
And, as far as loosing it every time you upgrade, you can back it up off your phone and put it back after you upgrade so it is no different then installing a piece of software on your laptop and then reformating and reinstalling it again afterward.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Maybe I am misreading what you put x999x, but are you saying that because we are running these programs on a hacked system the people that spend their time and effort to create these programs should not be able to charge for their work? What if you have a single copy of Windows and you hack the install so it doesn't check with Microsoft to see if they are legit, and you install it on several computers would it then be okay to steal programs that your going to run on those computers instead of paying them since you using them on a hacked os?
I can understand being against charging for a piece of software that you are releasing in a test (Beta) phase and asking for input from the users to help you work out bugs. The program he mentioned is Labyrinth (not sure where you got CameraPro from) and there was (and still is available) a beta version of the program. If you want to use the release version (1.0) then the author has asked for a reasonable fee for his time and effort.
I don't see how that author should not be able to charge for that just because you choose to run it on a hacked os. His time and effort went into the program either way.
And, as far as loosing it every time you upgrade, you can back it up off your phone and put it back after you upgrade so it is no different then installing a piece of software on your laptop and then reformating and reinstalling it again afterward.
As much as I like to acquire windows software without having to shell out lots o'dough i.e. photoshop---$600? Nah! I have to agree with Griffinaz. These ppl are helping us by letting us enjoy our iPhones even more each day and if they do put a pricetag on their sweat and ingenuity, it's usually a small one.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
First off, don't bring what ifs into this, they're moot, especially your examples.

Secondly, consider the facts.

1) Showtime is using DrunknBass' methodolgy and code snippets for it's own gain. Please don't turn a blind eye to this fact just because you may find the application useful.

2) CameraPro costs 19.99 to essentially give you a 50%/50% chance your pictures will not come out scrambled in burst mode. You pay 19 dollars to beta test this software until the price then moves up to 29.99.

Honestly, I find it interesting you're all for defending the profiteer in this case. Do you think said programmars paid for the SDK they're using? Nope, and to top it off they're programming for a rogue platform and expecting intellectual property rights? You've got to be kidding me.

This is why the people who put this community on the map are so pissed off at people who charge for what has essentially spawn from their own efforts. I mean if the top scene developers are the ones handing out these cracks in the first place thats got to say something...

Just read NervGas' comments section on his blog for an idea of what we're talking about here, then give me your 2 cents then aye?

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Alright, so I was on the fence about this one for a long time, but I think it comes down to one thing with "Hacked" programs you have to pay for, and thats the problem of losing your application with each new firmware upgrade.

If this CameraPro does become legit and ends up on iTunes that would be great for early adopters, but by no means should you have to pay to in essense be a beta-tester for the mainstream users out there who don't mod and don't subject their iPhones to the risks we do by modding them.

So is it fair to charge for an application on an otherwise hacked OS? I don't particularly think so, I feel its much like sneaking into your neighbor's yard to use their pool, and then charging your friends to use it too.

That said, I will say this:

Search the web for "CameraPro Lock 5" for your answers
For now, I tend to agree with this guy. This is a big reason I'd never pay for any type of unlock... too easy for Apple to patch the vulnerabilities somehow and render what I'd paid for useless, which equals not the developer, but me being out of money.

Now... post-SDK, if I find an app useful, I won't hesitate to shell out a few bucks if I'll use the app on a regular basis.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
For now, I tend to agree with this guy. This is a big reason I'd never pay for any type of unlock... too easy for Apple to patch the vulnerabilities somehow and render what I'd paid for useless, which equals not the developer, but me being out of money.

Now... post-SDK, if I find an app useful, I won't hesitate to shell out a few bucks if I'll use the app on a regular basis.
Summed up my rhetoric in just a few lines!

If you ever want to get in to writing, you'd make a great copy editor :p

larc

Oct 22, 2007
I am the author of Labyrinth and first of all, thanks for all the support from a lot of people here. It is good to see this many decent people posting sane comments.

I think there is a very easy solution to this problem. Choose one of these
  • Keep using the old beta version
  • Use the demo version
  • Buy the full version if you like it.
  • None of the above.
If you do not want to buy the full version, then don't. I don't see how people can say the right to steal my work and not support Labyrinth because of this or that reason.

If you do not like what I do it is not like I am trying to force the full version of on you. As you can see on the Labyrinth webpage I have made several updates since the release of 1.0.0 and I can assure you I would not have put as much time into those if I could not have financed it with selling the full version.

Carl

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I am the author of Labyrinth and first of all, thanks for all the support from a lot of people here. It is good to see this many decent people posting sane comments.

I think there is a very easy solution to this problem. Choose one of these
  • Keep using the old beta version
  • Use the demo version
  • Buy the full version if you like it.
  • None of the above.
If you do not want to buy the full version, then don't. I don't see how people can say the right to steal my work and not support Labyrinth because of this or that reason.

If you do not like what I do it is not like I am trying to force the full version of on you. As you can see on the Labyrinth webpage I have made several updates since the release of 1.0.0 and I can assure you I would not have put as much time into those if I could not have financed it with selling the full version.

Carl
This thread has been risen from the dead!

No one is saying "Hey Crack this!" here in this thread, we as a community are better than that.

Rather, the general train of "sane thought" is that buying 3rd party apps on a hacked firmware comes with the risk your purchase will be in-operable with each new firmware patch.

If the software costs as much as a cup of starbucks, then its no big deal if it "breaks" after a firmware update, but some authors are charging nearly 20 dollars for applications, and then not offering compliant updates in sync with firmware revisions and thats just not cool.

I've purchased and donated to a number of iPhone causes I thought were a value to my iPhone or the community just the same as others I know in this thread have also. We're just uncertain where we are headed with all this talk of an SDK, I mean if we helped fund what is essentially a beta only to have to repurchase the app again as an official SDK app then heads are gonna roll, lol.

larc

Oct 22, 2007
Yes, it is a bit far fetched but one could be lead to believe that "How to Hack the Demo's to Full Version!" would mean something similar to "Hey Crack this!" ;).

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Yes, it is a bit far fetched but one could be lead to believe that "How to Hack the Demo's to Full Version!" would mean something similar to "Hey Crack this!" ;).
You can't edit your titles here, and as a result many of the thread titles in this forum don't match the subject matter.

Example, Tinman's post title for an Easy Jailbreak says its also for Mac, yet the mac instructions have been removed from the original post. As a result you still get mac users asking how to open jailbreak.exe.

The madness!