How to iCloud?

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by Spoiling Pets, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Spoiling Pets

Spoiling Pets New Member

My 3d generation Ipad is my first Apple product, I would like to back up my ipad and I am not sure how to do that, the ipad is the only Apple product that I have so I wouldn't be opening my music or anything on another Apple product. How do I back up the ipad so that I do not lose my banking and other apps that I have on the ipad.

By the way I love my ipad!

2. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

To start with, you should use iTunes on your PC. Once you get comfortable doing backups there, you can switch over to backing it up onto Apple's own computers/servers via their iCloud functionality. You don't have to–it's your option. An advantage to using cloud-based services like this to backup is to protect yourself if your PC breaks down and you lose your local backup copies. A potential disadvantage is that you have to be connected to the Internet to restore your backup to your device, in case of an emergency.

Sent from my iPad 3

3. Spoiling Pets

Spoiling Pets New Member

Ok, as i said this is my first Apple product I guess somehow I missed where it tells you about backing up right to iTunes, I think I better go read some more LOL and thank you too!

4. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

Okay. First things first... Did you install the iTunes software on your PC? If not, go to the iTunes site to download and install it.

Sent from my iPad 3

5. Spoiling Pets

Spoiling Pets New Member

eye-Fone,

Yes I installed the iTunes and I have actually added a couple of apps, I synced my contacts and I have my gmail set up to come to the ipad.

I noticed while I was syncing that one of the steps is "back up" but I have no idea where it is backing it up to? also what is it backing up? everything installed including the apps that I have uploaded and using?

Thanks for the extra help

6. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

You're welcome.

Maybe this page will help.

Additionally, this article tells what is backed up and where the backup is stored.

Sent from my iPad 3

7. Spoiling Pets

Spoiling Pets New Member

eye-Fone,

I will be doing some reading!

Thank you