How to install Beta 5?

chavezr6

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
I know Beta 6 is supposed to come out tonight, fingers crossed. My phone went to the pink screen cause I was running Beta 4. I've downloaded 5 but it comes in four separate files. How do I install it? I've searched online but can't find anything? Help!

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I know Beta 6 is supposed to come out tonight, fingers crossed. My phone went to the pink screen cause I was running Beta 4. I've downloaded 5 but it comes in four separate files. How do I install it? I've searched online but can't find anything? Help!
It should only be 1 file, the .ipsw. There is no way you would be able to load those 4 into the phone and it be successful because you can only pick 1. You need to find 1 total/full/all in one ipsw and upload it.

jmiphone33

Bronze
Apr 9, 2009
Calfironia
You can download this software that's called UnRarx...it exports all parts of the file as one so that it can be used...try it out...I used it a while ago because one of the betas that i got came in 3 different parts and i used UnRarx and it worked :cool::laugh2:

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
The files are probably as follows. One file is for iTunes on a Mac. One file is for iTunes on a PC. One file is for iPhone V1. One file is for iPhone V2. If you went purple, you have some work to do. I've been to the depths of purple and back and it was not a fun experience. :p Here are helpful links.

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/beta-4-and-have-a-purple-screen.40983/

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/3-0-purple-restore-screen.40096/

Last edited by a moderator: