How to.. iPod features on iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dcoppins

Jul 24, 2007
Short question: how do we super fast forward within an audio file without a click wheel?

Long question: So, I listen to a lot of audio books on my ipod. I downloaded another audio book from iTunes and loaded it up on my iPhone. The book came in four segments of about 2 1/2 hours each.

On my ipod, i could use the click wheel to scroll to another part of the segment easily. I hit the center button and then scroll around like I was increasing the volume. That moved through the audio file very quickly. I could move through about 1 hour of an audio file in just a few seconds.

Without the click wheel design on my iPhone, I can't figure out how to do that. It seems the only way to fast forward within an audio file is to hold down the fast forward touch button. That takes forever. I was holding it down for 5 minutes just to get to the place I was listening to in the book.

Anyone else figure out how to do that?

iLawyer

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Jersey
On a song

Short question: how do we super fast forward within an audio file without a click wheel?

Long question: So, I listen to a lot of audio books on my ipod. I downloaded another audio book from iTunes and loaded it up on my iPhone. The book came in four segments of about 2 1/2 hours each.

On my ipod, i could use the click wheel to scroll to another part of the segment easily. I hit the center button and then scroll around like I was increasing the volume. That moved through the audio file very quickly. I could move through about 1 hour of an audio file in just a few seconds.

Without the click wheel design on my iPhone, I can't figure out how to do that. It seems the only way to fast forward within an audio file is to hold down the fast forward touch button. That takes forever. I was holding it down for 5 minutes just to get to the place I was listening to in the book.

Anyone else figure out how to do that?
When listening to a song (maybe an audio book too), press the screen where the album art cover is. A new bar pops up. You can fast forward and rewind real fast by using the search bar.