How To Jailbreak 1.1.3-1.1.4 Mac and Keep Apps!

Sep 29, 2007
I wanted to make it easier for Mac users to have a picture guide on how to Jailbreak the 1.1.4 firmware. Most guides are for PC and work similar but I know there will be questions like "How do I do this if I am on a mac?". For the 1.1.4 Jailbreak process it is very similar. This guide is a W.I.P so I have posted what I have gotten to work and from there on I will need help as for right now getting Apps from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 without having to reinstall them. Installer identifies them so they must still be on, but I have to move them to the summerboard.

WARNING BEFORE JAILBREAKING: This is the step by step instructions which I did in order to jailbreak my 8GB iPhone which was on Jailbroken 1.1.3 using AT&T. I am not responsible for anything which may happen towards your phone. Also a warning from ZiPhone WARNING AND STATUS
WARNING FROM ZiPhone said:
I am still testing the new version.
I am doing this for YOUR SAFETY.
I have been informed of FAKE versions around.
Trust me and this site.
And..by the way...
1.1.4 is just a debug release.
There is no real reason to rush and upgrade.
Use DFU mode in ziPhone to downgrade to 1.1.3
And enjoy your phone!
1. Upgrade to the new 1.1.4 Firmware, if you do not have the option click check of update and it should show you the new 1.1.4 firmware is available. If you have not downloaded it, click download and install.

2. While you are waiting for your iPhone to upgrade to 1.1.4, download THIS (PC Download This).

3. Once you are on 1.1.4 firmware head over to ZiPhone which you just downloaded. Click the Jailbreak(iPhone or iPod touch) button and then hit start when you are ready.

From there you will see that it enters recovery mode and do not be alarmed you are not restoring.

After recovery mode you will see your iPhone/iPod touch displaying a lot of characters as it logs the process so you may see what went wrong if it ever receives an error. Then it will display this:

It says to wait 45 seconds and after this time your device will shut off and power back on and it will be jailbroken!

NOTE: THIS PART OF THE GUIDE IS A W.I.P. I AM TRYING TO GET A WAY TO GET THE APPS FROM 1.1.3 ON TO 1.1.4 WITHOUT HAVING TO REINSTALL THEM ALL. WHEN UPGRADING TO 1.1.4 INSTALLER NOTICES YOUR OLD APPS AND I AM SEEING IF I CAN GET THEM BACK ON. IF YOU CAN AID ME PLEASE DO. SORRY TO CUT THIS OFF BUT I HAVE A PAPER TO DO AND I WILL FINISH TOMORROW IF I CAN.
How to Get Apps from 1.1.3 back UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Now if you were like me and updated from 1.1.3 Jailbroken to 1.1.4 Jailbroken and opened installer you will notice that the apps are still there but not on the summerboard(click uninstall to see all the apps).

1. Go to Uninstall and Check for All Sources and Boss Tool and Open SSH. If it is there uninstall them and when it is done, click the home button, unlock, and re-open Installer.

2. Go to Sources>Edit>Add> and type in:
ride4.org/shai.xml
3. After sources refresh, go to Install>All Packages>All Sources>Install and enjoy the long time of adding 94 sources and refreshing over 100 of them!

4. After you have all sources, go to Applications>BossTool>Install>Home Button>Unlock and do the same for Open SSH (BW:Freeit4less.com)

5. Click on Boss Tool and you can Relocate Fonts, Ringtones, and Applications. Relocate fonts and ringtones if you wish but Applications is what we are looking at.

-After Clicking it, says it can take up to 30 seconds. After the wait, click home. You now have saved disk space and this will come in use with Fugu.

Now download this FUGU and run it. From there go to your phone and do the following:

-Settings>Wifi>Record your IP
-<Settings>General>Auto Lock>Never>Home

Now on Fugu enter the Ip and user name as Root. Wait a bit for it to connect and enter the password "Alpine".

NOTE TO ANYONE TRYING THIS: I am stuck and need help. I am able to find apps scattered all over the place such as in Var/Root/Media I am able to get TTR, iPhysics, Pocket Guitar, iAno and others back but not all of them back. Anyone know where to find all the apps and where the upgrade places the old apps? Installer had an update for 2 apps and I could not find them, so I updated and then they showed up on the springboard.

jarmani5

Oct 19, 2007
can I jailbreak 1.1.4 if i had 1.1.3 update from i tunes but not jailbroke. I had 1.1.2 jailbroken prior to upgrading to 1.1.3 .

Sep 29, 2007
can I jailbreak 1.1.4 if i had 1.1.3 update from i tunes but not jailbroke. I had 1.1.2 jailbroken prior to upgrading to 1.1.3 .
Yes you can upgrade to 1.1.4 and jailbreak from there. BUT if you read on, during the upgrade your music and files stay along with the applications but I am having trouble moving them back over to the summerboard.

You may jailbreak 1.1.4 with using this guide.