How to jailbreak 1.13 on a Mac

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
ok, so i tried it again this morning, making sure there was a backup with phone number included. everytime i have followed this process, there were little things that happened. it kept showing, "incorrect sim card", everytime i downgrade to 1.1.1, and then go to ibrickr, it would show up green, so i would have to do 1.1.1 again, to make it show up red. this time i made sure that it wouldn't sync until the end. is there another process under "upgrade" after "writing image"? i went to restore backup(which listed my phone #) it syncd, and then syncd again.. and now, no phone, no nothing... I AM SOOOOOO CLOOOOOSE! somethings gotta give! help me obi wan kenobi, your my only hope.
I don't know. I think that you should wait for a more simple version of the jailbreak to come out, as it seems you just aren't having luck with this one. It is difficult and tedious. Give it a few more tries if you want to, but I think you should hold tight.

- John

GolfNut

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
3) Allow the iPhone to Restore. When it is done, you should receive Error 1015. The iPhone's screen will not show the USB cord pointing towards the iTunes icon. Another pop will appear; click OK, then eject the iPhone from iTunes (leave it in the dock) and quit iTunes.

- John
John: This step in restoring 1.1.1 says the screen will "not" show the USB cord pointing towards teh iTunes icon. Is this correct? Or, should it say the screen will "now" show the USB cord....?

I've tried the restore several times and it always shows the USB cord pointing towards the iTunes icon.

EDIT: UPDATE: I proceeded and it was going ok until step 12. After adding the sleeper.net/iPhonerepo source, I don't get what step 12 says I should have "Unlock that iPhone folder". When I look at sleeper.net/iPhonerepo via a browser, it says it's an old link. Is there some missing updated info on this?

Thanks.

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
Patience Patience Patience:mad::mad:

Moding these iPhones has got to be the hardest thing ever done we have been spending 3 days trying to jailbreak 2 1.3 iPhones. But I love when you modders go very simple LOL

Seriously my girlfriend jailbroke her phone when it was 1.1 no problem. When some of her mods needed to be 1.3 she upgraded and spent 2 days trying to break her 1.3 iPhone finally got it to take. Now she's spent most of today trying to break mine.

She's been following this thread and going NUTS

mj2320

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
john:
when i get to the part with terminal, the terminal keeps replying no such file
and then when i type restorebb it displays a few lines saying i was denied

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
john:
when i get to the part with terminal, the terminal keeps replying no such file
and then when i type restorebb it displays a few lines saying i was denied
When you're at this terminal section:
cd /usr/bin
restorebb

You need to be sure you have a space between cd and /usr/bin - then hit enter after that command
Then enter the restorebb command on your new command line

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
When you're at this terminal section:
cd /usr/bin
restorebb

You need to be sure you have a space between cd and /usr/bin - then hit enter after that command
Then enter the restorebb command on your new command line
I got three PM's today with people having that problem. I told them to use the space, and what do you know. It worked.

Use the space!

- John

GolfNut

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
I now have a new problem. I can no longer get my phone into the DFU restore mode. I hold both buttons, the screen goes blank, I release the power button, then nothing. No beeps, or anything. It simply turns off. iTunes shows no indication of being in restore mode. If I hold the power button again, it turns on and boots really slow, but to a function 1.1.3.

Has anyone else experienced this after trying to JB a lot of times? What can I try?

Thanks.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Yup, there was another guy last night too with same issue. Easy mistakes for folks who don't use the command line very often ...
To be frank that step should not be there (well, steps 11 through 14). There is no need to downgrade the baseband and in fact if you do you give up Google Maps locate feature. Why go through more work to get less features, and have yet another point-of-failure?

I only jb 1.1.3 with bb 4.03.03 now.

--
Mike

Mackjr

Dec 23, 2007
Hey I just tried to do this a couple times and I always run into error 1 when trying to restore to version 1.1.1. It always says there is an unexpected error, I keep having the cord connecting towards the iTunes sign, and I just have to restore it in iTunes to a new 1.1.3 or just use ibrickr to get back to how it was before i started. Am I using the wrong 1.1.1 file? Or what?

GolfNut

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
Hey I just tried to do this a couple times and I always run into error 1 when trying to restore to version 1.1.1. It always says there is an unexpected error, I keep having the cord connecting towards the iTunes sign, and I just have to restore it in iTunes to a new 1.1.3 or just use ibrickr to get back to how it was before i started. Am I using the wrong 1.1.1 file? Or what?

When you restore 1.1.1, you'll get the error, restore 1.1.1 again. You will still get the error, then continue with the next step in the tutorial. Some tutorials say to do the second restore, some don't. But I believe most say to continue even though you get the error.

Mackjr

Dec 23, 2007
I know, but apparently im getting the wrong error or something because when I use ibrickr to get out of recovery mode, its jsut back where i started, not at the activation screen.

mythrowbacknikes

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
When I try to upgrade my 1.1.1 jailbroken iPhone to 1.1.2, it rejects..

2) Dock the iPhone and open iTunes. Click Option + Update (Mac) or Shift + Update (Windows) and navigate to the 1.12 firmware (not 1.11) and click Open. Wait for the process to complete. Eject the iPhone from iTunes when it is done, and then quit iTunes.
After that point^.. the update does not go through, and then i have to RESTORE my iPhone to 1.1.3, and follow the WHOLE downgrade process again.. :(((((

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Update: There is now a much easier way to jailbreak 1.13, without all of the complicated downgrading and updating. The Mac version is currently unstable, while the Windows version is reported to work fine.

- John

Last edited by a moderator:

cutran3

Feb 20, 2008
i am the first time here please help
i did downgrade iPhone to 1.1.1 and after the phone restart the phug is show forward the itune icon . so please help me what did i missing in process . my phone active with AT&T and have 1.1.3 fimrware
thanks all

cutran3

Feb 20, 2008
please help unlock iPhone

Update: There is now a much easier way to jailbreak 1.13, without all of the complicated downgrading and updating. The Mac version is currently unstable, while the Windows version is reported to work fine.

- John
:) HI JOHN
can you help me how i can unlock my iPhone by " much easier way " link . i did everything i try understand but can not get it work right . can you tell me step by step to do this process to work right . i am really thank a lot
tran

Last edited by a moderator:

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
ok ive read through this entire post and am slightly confused. i think my iPhone is a 1.1.2 OTB, ive no idea what OTB stands for but i bought it in the december so i believe that is the time period for that. It is jailbroken too and i did that as soon as i bought it. i want to upgrade it to 1.1.3 but i still want it jailbroken. i saw in the installer program that there is the "official 1.1.3-3 upgrader" do i need to do anything besides just download that program and run it? does it work? are there known bugs with it? also i don't want to loose all my contacts, that would be a living hell to type them all back in.