How To: Jailbreak (Almost) Any iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad

thabigo

Oct 23, 2007
Oh and how would you get all your info back? I am assuming sync everything before you do the restore?

thabigo

Oct 23, 2007
Hey quick question do I need to have access to an internet connection in order to Jailbreak an iPhone?

robinhooddaffy

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas
Question....with an unjailbroken factory iPhone 3g s on Edge (ugh) the signal is "one way" can't receive calls if on Internet right? If you jailbreak and on Edge (Ugh) can you receive calls and be on the net?

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Question....with an unjailbroken factory iPhone 3g s on Edge (ugh) the signal is "one way" can't receive calls if on Internet right? If you jailbreak and on Edge (Ugh) can you receive calls and be on the net?
It is my understanding that Edge (2G), regardless of JB or not, takes a back seat to voice calls. It's 3G that allows both surfing and talking. I could be wrong, so someone please correct me if necessary.

AdamK

Mar 20, 2009
I installed the 3.1 update and I want to jailbreak again.

Should I wait for the new JB update? Read that it isn't ready yet..

Thanks for any help

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
syncing contacts

Hey guys/gals,

I am thinking of JB to take advantage of some of the apps available and I am wondering if I can continue to sync my contacts and calendar via iTunes from my PC? I rely on a sync'd calendar and contacts so this is key for me. Any advise would be great.

Bill

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
Hey guys/gals,

I am thinking of JB to take advantage of some of the apps available and I am wondering if I can continue to sync my contacts and calendar via iTunes from my PC? I rely on a sync'd calendar and contacts so this is key for me. Any advise would be great.

Bill
Absolutely... with jailbreaking, you don't lose ANY functionality you have now, including syncing, iTunes app store, etc... you just gain a whole lot of really cool things.

Intensespider

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
I need a little help please. I want to upgrade to 3.0.

I have jailbroke my 2.1 3G, then used a simunlock to get internet so I can download Yellowsnow. Everything works great.

Now I want to update to 3.0 so if I unlock using Redsnow, will this automatically let me use cydia? I don't need another sim unlock?
Thanks for any help.

p.s. Im in Africa so Im not on At&t or Tmobile.

Rhinohd

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
So how long do you folks think it will take for a PC tool (to jailbrake a 3.1 via pc) to come out? I never wanted to JB my phone until I needed screensplitr for my trucks media needs.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Okay.. so, like everybody else, I'm pretty thoroughly confused on all of this 3.1 businesss. I think I've added of the guides are currently out there pertaining to 3.1 in the latest update. If I missed anything, please let me know.

Rsinart

Aug 24, 2008
So for months I was ontop of how to jailbreak ect. But since the release of the 3gs, and my phone still being on 2.2.1 Jailbroke with quickpwn on PC. I have no idea what I am doing anymore. From what I read there is no more quickpwn? And a lot of what I find to JB is for Mac only. I don't care about a unlock, I am with AT&T an thats fine. I would like to update to 3.0 if possible and the JB. There are some apps that I can't get cause of being on 2.2.1. If anyone here can send me to a link thats easy to read I'd appreciate it. I feel nooby once again, and lost.