how to keep songs if i sync? or restoring 1.1.4 back to 1.1.4

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
i picked up a 1.1.4 phone it has like 7GB worth of songs... it would be useful for me for the long drives. is there a way i can sync my phone with iTunes to keep those songs? or can i delete particular songs ?

also with my 3G iPhone when i tried to restore it, the only option i had is to restore and update to the 2.0.2 how can i restore a 1.1.4 and yet stay on 1.1.4? would i have to download older version iTunes?

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
is there a way to transfer numbers from my 3G phone to my 1.1.4 without syncing with iTunes? Like put on the sim and have numbers on the sim all the time?

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
so there is no way to back up the music on this phone I just bought? What if you have all this junk on the phone and then you either get a new computer or have to restore your old one, then you loose everything on the iPhone too? So I can never sync it now?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
There are programs. You've got to search here. You probably haven't gotten any help because it's been discussed before, plus it's pretty clear that you got the phone from someone else and the music on the phone is THEIR music, not yours.

Is your phone jailbroken? There is an app that lets you get contacts off of the iPhone. Not sure if you should get someone else's contacts though.

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
There are programs. You've got to search here. You probably haven't gotten any help because it's been discussed before, plus it's pretty clear that you got the phone from someone else and the music on the phone is THEIR music, not yours.

Is your phone jailbroken? There is an app that lets you get contacts off of the iPhone. Not sure if you should get someone else's contacts though.
i bought the music from him as his property was transfered over to me :) i want to back up contacts to transfer over from 3G to 2G so there is no way to back up my 2G phone, or its contents?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Unless he deleted the music off of his computer, then he didn't sell it to you. Not by today's legal standard anyway. Don't mean to argue with you about it. I'm all against the music industry's tactics. I'm just explaining why you aren't getting much response.

I think it's possible to get the music so you're going to have to search for it. Hint: this is not the right forum at EiC.

Contacts is another story. There is a way for you to get them off of the phone and onto your new phone, but I'm not comfortable telling you how to get someone else's contacts. Again, you'll have to find that info yourself.

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Are you like music.. Contacts police? Haha lol, sorry officer! :) contacts I want to put from my 3G to the 2G I just bought. 3G contacts are mine, I deleted the other persons contacts mr uncomfortable pants :) .. I know I can back up my 3G in iTunes then try to restore my 2G and use my 3G backed up contacts. I don't know if that will work. I'll just manually transfer to 1.1.4, then download program that put info to sim on 1.1.4 then always have it.

As for the music I'll go through it all pick the ones I like and then fine an alternative way of getting them after a restore and backup

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
one phrase.

iPhone PC Suite.

that is all.

do not ask me for instructions, or troubleshooting.