How to keep track of time and billing info?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 3, 2007
Don't have an iPhone yet but am VERY close to getting one. Right now on my Treo I have a nice little app that keeps track of my time and billing information. I'd like to find something that accomplishes the same task for an iPhone.

Here's a description of what the program needs to do. I'm self-employed as a residential and small businesss computer geek. In a typical day I'll visit three to five different customers. When I arrive on site I punch a couple of buttons and begin logging my time along with entering the customers name and sometimes a note about any parts I might have to bill out later. At the end of the job I click a couple more buttons. My bill is calculated and displayed on screen. If it's a one-time deal I get paid on the spot. If I'll be billing later I just wait til billing time and download the information to my PC and generate my bills in Quickbooks.

As you can see it's a pretty simple application. I don't want a lot of fancy features.

So, anyone know of any program, preferably a native that can do this?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
This won't address any of the billing side of things, but for quick / easy tracking and recording of your billable time, you might want to try:
http://www.slimtimer.com
You can create tasks, click them just once to start / stop timer on them, share tasks, run reports etc. It states being Safari compatible and I just gave it a quick whirl on the iPhone and it works OK. Not specially formatted for iPhone or anything, but perfectly useable it seems to me from a brief look.
I haven't used this site in quite a while (like you I used a resident app on my Windows Mobile device) - so I don't know how often it is updated etc.
Hope it may be of some use ...