How to live-stream Apple's iPhone event on September 9th

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Rafagon, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Popular tech site Redmond Pie has helpfully provided procedures for viewing Apple's media event on September 9 using various platforms. You can even watch if you're using Windows or—Heaven forbid—Android! :D (That is a joke; I'm certain Android is a perfectly lovely mobile computing platform.)

Here's a link to their article.

#1 Rafagon, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Not sure what spam email has to do with the Keynote or why it was necessary to add your first paragraph to this thread, but it sounds like you need better spam filters if you're receiving crap like that. Forwarding your email to a Gmail account should cut out most, if not all, of it. They have the best spam filters.

4. B89rent89

B89rent89 Member
    Bronze

Can't we just go to Apple.com where we're likely to find, on the main page, a place to just click to access the keynote? I've always done that on Macs and in IOS. Has something changed so that they w

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Raf, for some reason your links did not work on TapaTalk in this thread. Did you do something different? They're fine online and in the eiC app, but here's how they look on TapaTalk:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441108090.100805.jpg

I copied this link from your post online and it pasted ok here:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441108197.847616.jpg

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The links are working just fine here on Safari for OS X.

I've never owned TapaTalk so I can't help you with that; hopefully someone else reading this thread can jump in and offer advice.

7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The "joke" (sorry, guess it sucked) :D was supposed to be that when the invitations to the iPhone event went out, people checked their e-mail to find a copy of an invite for themselves, only to find spam and no invitation from Apple. Those examples I gave were not examples of ones I get regularly, they're just generic examples of spam. They were just the most common ones I could think of.

Not to worry though, the post has been edited and the first paragraph is now gone.

#7 Rafagon, Sep 1, 2015
  8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I wasn't looking for help. I was curious if you had done it differently. Your links usually work fine on TapaTalk. Many people use TapaTalk.

9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I apologize for saying I couldn't offer help with Tapatalk; I chose my words incorrectly. :(

I didn't do anything differently, at least not intentionally. Regardless, I edited the post and simply provided a link to the article where I got my information. I should've just done that from the start. :)

Enjoy the iPhone Event of 2015!

hp2.jpg

#9 Rafagon, Sep 1, 2015
  10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

As I use the beta version of TapaTalk, it helps to know these things in case it's a TapaTalk issue. Thanks!

11. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

The Apple Store is down!! WOOSH!! They're getting started! There will be new things to buy right away! Probably new iWatch Bands but that's okay. A Down Online Apple Store = EXCITEMENT!! :ROFLMAO:

12. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

The Apple store is still up for me. @Sharunda
    Lucky me am working from home today LOL

13. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Can we not watch it like always on our devices or the Apple TV ?

14. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@imutter Lucky Girl! IDK why or how you got your store up. I was looking at the Apple Store App, maybe that's the difference. Mine is still down.

I'm going to watch on my iPad here at my desk. I know later it'll be available on Apple TV. I know I won't get to watch the whole thing here at work, but I'll be on it tonight! YAY!! Besides that, I can get blow by blow information right here of the eiC! That's been the way for a few years now. Ol' Reliable eiC this community is the best!

2.png
    1.png

15. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I was pleased, when I went to Apple's event streaming URL, how quickly playback began. It was near-instant.

A9X CPU - "Desktop class performance." Desktop from a couple of years ago maybe? :D

16. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Four-speaker audio on the iPad Pro. How nice!

17. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Oh crap I'm on the wrong thread. Sorry.

18. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

NICE! :) See I said I wasn't interested in the iPad Pro! Pift! Now, that's all I'm thinking about. BLAST APPLE!!! Only thing, I can't carry that in my current bag. Gotta upgrade ASAP!! ROFLMAO!!

Hopefully they slide an iPad Air 3 in......

19. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I'm watching it right now, but more interested in what Apple is doing for the iPhone than the Watch. It's great to be able to skip that part.

20. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I'm an hour into the Apple Special Event. The most exciting features are the A9 processor, 4K video, 3D Touch, Live Photos, and the Advanced LTE and 2x WiFi.