How to load contact list from SIM card

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

datasunny

Sep 5, 2007
hi all,
Im putting my existing sim card to iPhone, but no contact in sim card shows on iPhone. How can load/copy contact list in sim card to iPhone and use it?
thanks

datasunny

Sep 5, 2007
The sim card does not load any contact info, it is all stored in the iPhones flash memory. All you can do is load it from your computer by doing a sync.
thanks for the quick reply.
i stored my all contact info to my sim card using my old cell phone.
what's why i want to load/copy contact list from sim card to iPhone.
iv done that before using a sony ericssion phone

WHODAT

Sep 6, 2007
You cannot do this like you did on your Sony. The only way is to get software to sync your existing contacts to Outlook or some other program, and then sync your iPhone.

KTran

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
TX
i called into cingular now AT&T about that.

rep tells me that contacts on sim will not load up. you will have to manually input contacts on iPhone. or , as stated previously , sync by outlook or address book .

i had to enter nearly a hundred contacts, i left some out because well they are not needed. :p

hope that helps,
KT

Jun 4, 2008
hi all,
Im putting my existing sim card to iPhone, but no contact in sim card shows on iPhone. How can load/copy contact list in sim card to iPhone and use it?
thanks

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
hi all,
thanks
You can't. iPhone will only read the contacts from your Outlook or Windows Mail accounts if you're on a PC and Mac Mail if you're on a Mac. The only other way to add contacts is by keying them individually.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
hi all,
thanks
Nice n00b post, you at least went about seraching, yet you still post the exact same question that has been answered.....:mad:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
There is a program on installer (if you're jailbroken) called iSIM that will supposedly import/export from/to your SIM card. I haven't tried it.

Jun 4, 2008
You can't. iPhone will only read the contacts from your Outlook or Windows Mail accounts if you're on a PC and Mac Mail if you're on a Mac. The only other way to add contacts is by keying them individually.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I've heard that there is way through a software?

Please advise

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
hello

trying to find this software ISIM to loadmy contact list from sim card

Cant find it, Any ideas?
as psylichon stated, you must have a jailbroken iPhone. is your jailbroken (do you have an application called "installer" on your home screen)? if not, this software will not help you and there is no other way to load the contacts from your SIM card onto your iPhone directly.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
thanks for the quick reply.
i stored my all contact info to my sim card using my old cell phone.
what's why i want to load/copy contact list from sim card to iPhone.
iv done that before using a sony ericssion phone
I remember seeing a screenshot a while back of software 2.0 showing an option saying something like, "Copy Contacts from SIM Card"
So the next iPhone/Update will be able to. I think..

ibeluke

Feb 2, 2009
Load sim contacts, piece of piss

On my iPhone 3g should work on all iPhone

Goto Settings,Mail contacts etc, load sim contacts, done

Way too easy

josmi

Bronze
Jan 6, 2009
What the? I'm able to import SIM contacts and have done so several times!
Hit Settings>Mail, Contacts, and Calenders>Scroll down a bit and hit Import Sim Contacts

This will not show up unless you have the sim card in. o_0
I have tested it out with T-Mobile sim cards.

EDIT: Sorry, ibeluke, didn't see your post. I get too lazy to scroll down on my iPhone sometimes. hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.