How to make beejive a complete app!

titocoleon

Dec 10, 2007
1.download backgrounder via cydia respring!
2.open beejive
3.now in a open beejive screen hold down the home button enable backgrounder.
your done u will see a red counter icon appear in the right hand corner.
bam we now have a fully working app no need for push email service cause it stays on and gives real time notification.
hope this helps someone. sure made my day
:cool: 5hrs up and running.

koolhand79

Bronze
Oct 6, 2007
KILLA CALI
I don't think this app stays on. i think u stay logged in on beejive's servers but the app logs u back in everytime u open it. i figure that because i have gotten emails saying i had msgs and when i open the app its saying it cant connect. happens rarely, but it does happen. just a quick thought.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Well, supposedly backgrounder is a jailbroken program that allows multiple programs running at once. Actually, BeejiveIM wouldn't be the only program to benefit. Basically, ANY IM would benefit from running in the background. BeejiveIM is actually better for the non-jailbroken iPhone user because it has workarounds for not being able to run in the background.

titocoleon

Dec 10, 2007
its working pretty well for me are you sure you have a good signal?i will admit my 3g signal is pretty strong.i have also noticed when i do lose signal i get the im via email.witch i see as a good thing you will get all messages even if your out of service.but when on edge or 3g they pop up in realtime.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I tried this this morning and actually made a thread over at the modifications section and it does work. As soon as I saw backgrounder on cydia I thought "Beejive" lol it does work.

koolhand79

Bronze
Oct 6, 2007
KILLA CALI
i wish agiloe messenger would pop back up on the installer. until then beejive is a nice program. i think i will have to download that backgrounder.

well backgrounder is nice but it seems to randomly stop working. sometimes i open beejive and its back to the home log in screen. hmmmmmm....... and i have to ebable it again.