How to make Custom Icon sets

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 12, 2007
I searched but couldn't find anything.
What do I need to make my own custom icon sets?
I have photoshop. Is it a matter of just resizing an image you created in Photoshop or is it more complex?
By the way, for all those wanting to mod your iPhone ut are worried, don't be.
I was just like you and it worked great for me.
A word of caution, customizing is like getting a tattoo. At first you only want one, next thing you know you have an entire sleeve.

pb30

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Minnesota
I searched but couldn't find anything.
What do I need to make my own custom icon sets?
I have photoshop. Is it a matter of just resizing an image you created in Photoshop or is it more complex?
By the way, for all those wanting to mod your iPhone ut are worried, don't be.
I was just like you and it worked great for me.
A word of caution, customizing is like getting a tattoo. At first you only want one, next thing you know you have an entire sleeve.
Any 64x64 png file with a transparent background should work

sykl1

Jul 24, 2007
so if I wanted to make a carrier logo, I would just have to resize the PNG to fit that particular "icon"?

Azteka

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
The 707
yes, i also want to know how to make the home icons...so its 64X64 pixels? also what about the black home background? what size should that be and where in manzana is the .png so u can replace it?

pb30

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Minnesota
so if I wanted to make a carrier logo, I would just have to resize the PNG to fit that particular "icon"?
Carrier logo is different, the size and tutorial is in my modding info thread (see my sig or the sticky thread)

yes, i also want to know how to make the home icons...so its 64X64 pixels? also what about the black home background? what size should that be and where in manzana is the .png so u can replace it?
64x64, png, transparent background, /Applications/*.app/icon.png, more info in my modding info thread (see my sig or the sticky thread)

Azteka

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
The 707
Carrier logo is different, the size and tutorial is in my modding info thread (see my sig or the sticky thread)

64x64, png, transparent background, /Applications/*.app/icon.png, more info in my modding info thread (see my sig or the sticky thread)

Thanks homie

Jul 27, 2007
Photoshop PNG Settings...

PNG is new to me and though I use photoshop for other stuff, like SL, I cant seem to get the images to have nice smooth edges w/o the white halo effect.

Do you have to use a mask? Special settings?

rahvin022

Oct 6, 2008
i figured out how to make custom icons and put them on my phone...but it seems that all of the app store apps seem to but a black background behind all of my custom icons. i know its not my icons, i removed all background from them using photoshop.

any ideas?

teambash

Bronze
Aug 20, 2008
i figured out how to make custom icons and put them on my phone...but it seems that all of the app store apps seem to but a black background behind all of my custom icons. i know its not my icons, i removed all background from them using photoshop.

any ideas?

How does one make a theme?