How to make icons?

Goallie11

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I've looked around on here, and on modmyifone but I just can't find out how to make my own icons. If anyone could tell me that would be great.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I've looked around on here, and on modmyifone but I just can't find out how to make my own icons. If anyone could tell me that would be great.
There are tutorials on modmyifone that tell you how, I've seen them, and they involve Photoshop or Gimp. Do a search again to find them, they are there!

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
If you have a Mac, install the development tools from the Install DVD - there's a brilliant icon maker application in there free of charge.

Goallie11

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Don't have a mac so no luck there, and i don't have photoshop either. I'll look again on modmyifone but is it just me or is their layout a little confusing?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
You can use the Microsoft Paint program built into Windows also. It will save the files in the .png format. Not very tool friendly but in a pinch without other software you can use it.

Goallie11

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I was thinking I could use paint, I just wanted to find an easier way to do it.

I want to make a stoplight for the wifi, I just thought it up yesterday and tried to find one but no luck. I'll try to make one today and post it up for you guys to look at.

Goallie11

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Ok, so I made my icons, saved them as png's and make them the correct size for the wifi signal but they aren't showing up on the phone. I used iPhonebrowser and put them in with the correct names so I don't know what the problem is. anyone have an idea?

Goallie11

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Ok nevermind. I just needed to restart the phone. I need to tweek it alittle and i'll post it for anyone that would like them.