How to make the best use of the Accelerometer?

isal

Bronze
Mar 22, 2009
Toronto
I've been using the 3G S for a couple of days now. The accelerometer works amazing at times, not so much others. Is there a way to make the best use of it? I realized if I turn the phone at an angle it has a problem, but if I turn it at a 90 degree angle the accelerometer responds well. Is that true or have I lost it? lol!

Thanks!

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
It does respond better the more deliberate you are with it.

Joe

It seems for texting sometimes even when i put it quickly 90 degrees the other way it still takes a few more seconds then it should. If you give it a little shake it helps it, kinda like shaking to refresh a page.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I've only used the 3GS once but it's accelerometer was much more responsive than the V1 when I turned it to landscape. Let me rephrase that, it rendered landscape much quicker after I tuned it on its side. It has to do with the increased speed of the CPU because if you compare the accelerometer in games, its extremely accurate. Look at the bubble level apps.

isal

Bronze
Mar 22, 2009
Toronto
I've only used the 3GS once but it's accelerometer was much more responsive than the V1 when I turned it to landscape. Let me rephrase that, it rendered landscape much quicker after I tuned it on its side. It has to do with the increased speed of the CPU because if you compare the accelerometer in games, its extremely accurate. Look at the bubble level apps.
It is much more responsive but it's inconsistent... I don't know if there is a way to use it to get more consistent results.