How to Maximize Your "Thanks-to-Posts" Ratio.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
1. Create a post that provides valuable information to the general iPhone user.

2. Reply to a post with an answer or solution to a common iPhone question or concern.

3. Post an abusive attack on those who vent about their frustration with their iPhone or Apple.

4. Post an abusive attack on those who post abusive attacks on those who vent about their iPhone or Apple.

5. Post an instructional guide on how to maximize your "thanks-to-posts" ratio on the forum...:laugh2:

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston

2. Reply to a post with an answer or solution a common iPhone question or concern.

3. Post an abusive attack on those who vent about their frustration with their iPhone or Apple.

4. Post an abusive attack on those who post abusive attacks on those who vent about their iPhone or Apple.

5. Post an instructional guide on how to maximize your "thanks-to-posts" ration on the forum...:laugh2:
lmao! THIS is constructive (>.<; )
nothing like comedy to lighten up the forums for the barrage of #s 1-4

continue to be funny and you MIGHT get a thank-you..

papabro

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
MA

2. Reply to a post with an answer or solution to a common iPhone question or concern.

5. Post an instructional guide on how to maximize your "thanks-to-posts" ratio on the forum...:laugh2:

No Thank you. Hehehe.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT

I think we all know how to get "thank you"s. It's no different than in real life.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I think we all know how to get "thank you"s. It's no different than in real life.
Very true. Be sarcastic, mean or hateful. Get no thank you.

Try to help somebody, even PC users...maybe get a thank you, but don't count on it. Just don't give up.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Very true. Be sarcastic, mean or hateful. Get no thank you.

Try to help somebody, even PC users...maybe get a thank you, but don't count on it. Just don't give up.
I agree with the second paragraph, but I am afraid you are incorrect on the first. Just look at the "Shut Up Already!" thread--and specifically the first post. The post starts off with "I literally can not stand all these people complaining about the update..." That opening sentence not disagreeing with or disliking other posts, it's specifically "hating" other people.

That post received 22 thank you's. I'm rather certain this was the kind of thing the OP was referring to when starting this tongue-in-cheek thread.

Now with that out of the way I think you need a thank you...

--
Mike

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I agree with the second paragraph, but I am afraid you are incorrect on the first. Just look at the "Shut Up Already!" thread--and specifically the first post. The post starts off with "I literally can not stand all these people complaining about the update..." That opening sentence not disagreeing with or disliking other posts, it's specifically "hating" other people.

That post received 22 thank you's. I'm rather certain this was the kind of thing the OP was referring to when starting this tongue-in-cheek thread.

Now with that out of the way I think you need a thank you...

--
Mike
Mike,

BINGO! That was indeed the thread I was referring to when I started this thread. Frankly, if you want to complain, you have every right to. If you don't want to read the complaints, move on!

Here's how I see our little world here. Or, rather, Chris' little world here. :D

This is like one big village square. We're all milling about, carrying our iPhones around. We stop and chat with each other. Show each other what cool things we've done with, to or for our iPhones. We stand on a box and shout out our love/hate/disappointment/disagreement/consternation/appreciation of/for/against Apple/Steve/iPhones/each other.

We do so as any would do in public, but perhaps with a little less fear as we hide behind our keyboards and type out incendiary messages of hate and/or love. But, we do so in a public forum.

As you "walk" about, "listening in" to snippets of conversations, chats and diatribes, you have the freedom to stay or go as you please. If you do not like the things being said, say something in a constructive manner. Healthy debate is always welcomed and keeps the mind sharp. But if all you have to say is abusive and mean, maybe you should move on and cool off before starting something up that would force Chris to do something unsavory with you.

So, welcome to the EverythingiPhone Village. Care to chat?:cool: