how to not sync iPhone when i plug it in?

Mar 9, 2008
i got a new computer and i want to get one of those programs that can take the songs from my phone and put them on my computer. but the problem is when i plug my phone in wont it sync and ill loose all my songs? and does anyone have a program they recommend?

rmfnla

Bronze
You can set your iTunes so that it will not sync atuomatically. You can also pick & choose what will and will not be included in the sync.

Check out all the option tabs )Summary, Info, Ringtones, etc.) to set this the way you want.

Mar 9, 2008
i havnt plugged in my iPhone on this computer before..i don't have those options i think?

SkyyBoy

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Hawaii
go to Edit -> Preferences -> Syncing and CHECK "disable automatic syncing for all iPhones and iPods"
it will be there regardless of whether you have sync'd before.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
iTunes won't just start erasing your phone, without warning you first. A pop up message will tell you that your iPhone is synced to another iTunes library. You then have the option to cancel the sync or sync and erase everything..Mark

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Ha nope. Once the post posted I looked at the topic and it was different than the one I though I was in. So I went home and sure enough it was in the worng one. It's weird because I clicked on the link from my mail and I never posted in this topic so I don't know why it brought me here.