How to play iPhone with normal auxillary cable in car!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
ok well I've read here and even tried it myself but normal AUX cables to play music in your car wont fit due to the jack size. BUT i found a way to get around this all you need is a pair of scissors and just cut some of the rubber part at the end of one of the cables enough were it will then fit into the iPhone jack completely. i will post pics soon so you guys can understand better.

Last edited by a moderator:

RevRoy

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
ok well ive read here and even tried it myself but normal AUX cables to play music in your car wont fit due to the jack size. BUT i found a way to get around this all you need is a pair of scissors and just cut some of the rubber part at the end of one of the cabels enough were it will then fit into the iPhone jack completely. i will post pics soon so you guys can understand better
this is correct I did it my self as well

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Just a suggestion, macro mode on your camera will improve the focus. And a bit more light will reduce the noise. 640x480 or less is all the resolution you need for web.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
Just a suggestion, macro mode on your camera will improve the focus. And a bit more light will reduce the noise. 640x480 or less is all the resolution you need for web.
i actually took that with my iPhone lol it looks perfect before i uploaded it then it uploaded and the pics were huge and i didn't feel like going back and re doing all the links. its not like you cant tell the difference

Dusty

Jul 1, 2007
Great job man, i was going to do the same thing. Quick question....how does a phone call work when you are plugged in to your AUX? Do your car speakers serve as a microphone. I can imagine it wouldn't work well.

Would love to hear more about your experience.

shift_2kmaxima

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
wow thanks for this man, now i can listen to music on my big speakers here in my room and of course my sound system in my car, thanks a lot man
it was an easy fix

later

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
Great job man, i was going to do the same thing. Quick question....how does a phone call work when you are plugged in to your AUX? Do your car speakers serve as a microphone. I can imagine it wouldn't work well.

Would love to hear more about your experience.
nah i recommend you unplug it when you get a call because the frequencies or whatever will interfere and make a loud annoying sound. hae you ever had your iPhone near speakers (or ay cingular phone for that matter) and have it ring and you hear that weird sound through the speakers? itll do that but ten times louder since your blastin your music

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
lol
how did u upload pics from your iPhone?

did you use that idisk thingy that everyone uses for ipods?

later
im not exactly sure. everytime i plug in my iPhone to my computer this application called fotomat and it automaticly opens and shows the pictures ive tooken with my ipone so i just copy them from there