How to play music in car

1. Eportillo16526

Eportillo16526 New Member

How can I play my music from my iPhone 4 to my car stereo.

2. Omen311

Omen311 New Member Bronze

If your stereo has an aux jack. U can use that option with a auxiliary cord. Or u can buy an fm transmitter where u hook it up to the phone. Then u pick a station with static on the radio and then put the station in the transmitter and u should hear the music coming from the radio. Has really low quality of sound but works fine. And if u go with aux jack, I would suggest a monster aux cable. You'll get the best sound quality especially if u have system.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. FriarNurgle

FriarNurgle Member

It's also smart to have a hands free Bluetooth device for making calls. I got one with an FM transmitter. Works great.

5. Omen311

I just put phone in airplane mode so I don't get tempted to pick up the phone to talk or text. Plus I hate my music interrupted. I got a rule of no calls while in my truck. Lol
    But that's just me. Only chance I get to listen to music is when I'm driving so I like to keep that way. Music only!

6. offroadhunter

offroadhunter Member Silver

Loud... that's the only way... very loud! :)

7. dturner

dturner Zealot Gold

I bought a deck with a USB port.

8. Watcher

Watcher Zealot Gold

Hellz Yeah!

9. applejailescape

applejailescape Zealot Gold

I just use a iPhone FM transmitter and that does the job 4 me .

10. Omen311

11. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist Gold

Depends on the head unit. Some (usually very expensive) do let you control your iPod/iPhone from the unit, but most just offer an AUX input, and you still control the content from your iDevice..I use the latter, and just make sure you buy a long enough mini-headphone to mini-headphone cord (about $3 at RadioShack) to keep the iDevice comfortably within your reach while driving. I use one of my cup-holders to hold my iPhone while driving. Very handy!

12. Omen311

yes that's how I do it. Aux cable while sitting phone in cup holder. I wanna make a custom slot somewhere on my dash to put my iPhone. My truck is custom already so cutting more is like starting over again lol

13. Europa

Europa Genius Senior Moderator

I use a USB iPod ready head unit as well. Great sound quality, it charges the phone while it's playing (with just the one cable), and you can control the music from the deck.

14. fearofnormalcy

I wish those had been more prevalent when I bought my deck several years ago, although it's initial purpose was for my iPod Classic + Shuffle. I have a car charger (with an extra USB input, handy for charging the phone and iPod simultaneously), so that handles my power needs...it's really pretty amazing how versatile these phones have become, eh?

The founding doctor at my wife's practice has an amazing BMW 700 series (not sure which one, but rest assured, it's SWEET) that has an iPod/iPhone dock built right in, and it uses VoiceOver right through the car's speaker system. Ridiculous.

15. iP5

iP5 Evangelist Gold

Love standard single and double DIN dash designs. I flipped my head unit for a Bluetooth capable Sony, cheap one boxing season.

16. Jujubeee07

Jujubeee07 New Member

You can use an aux if u have six output on our deck.

17. Europa

It's not that impressive. Any high quality, iPod ready, Bluetooth enabled head unit will do all of that.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
  18. fearofnormalcy

Yes, but none are so nicely integrated with the head unit, and offer a near 360 degree rotation of the iPhone while still securely attached.

Maybe I'm easily impressed, but I still think it's pretty cool...

19. bballrob

bballrob Evangelist Gold

I just bought an 02 Dodge Ram Pickup with a Sony Deck in it that has a USB port that allows you to control everything from either the deck OR the phone.

20. Europa

Yeah, I really like how my Sony has the option of using the iPhone or the deck to control the music. A lot of them disable the iPod controls and just show an Accessory Connected screen. I usually use the deck or voice activation through Bluetooth for playlist and song control.

21. Eragon

Eragon Zealot Gold

I have an older car stereo that only has a tape deck/cd player. I use a cassette adapter to plug into my 3.5 mm adapter.