How to prevent Adobe auto load on sync?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 1, 2007
Is there a way to call it up selectively only when you want to download photos? It's such a pain every time to have to wait for it to load then cancel it before you can go on.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Is there a way to call it up selectively only when you want to download photos? It's such a pain every time to have to wait for it to load then cancel it before you can go on.
Do you have a Mac? You can set that up in the Image Capture utility. In the preferences, choose "No application" when iPhone mounts.
I'm sure there's something similar if you have a PC, but I don't do windowze very well.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
i have the same annoyance with iphoto how do i set it not to open when i sync
Do a search for "Image capture" app and launch it.

Go to the Image Capture's preferences. There, choose "no application" for "when a camera is connected" . Yours is presently set to "iPhoto" instead.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Oh goody, I can start helping again!

To stop that annoyance on a Windows PC:

1.) Open My Computer.

2.) Right-click Apple iPhone and choose "Properties."

3.) Click the Events tab.

4.) Check the "Take no action" radio button.

5.) Click OK.

Done! You will no longer be bugged about what to do with photos every time you connect your iPhone.

This in no way prevents you from getting photos off of the iPhone. Just right-click Apple iPhone and choose "Get pictures." Alternately you can double-click Apple iPhone to drag and drop the photos wherever you like.

--
Mike

Jul 1, 2007
Do not find "iPhone"

Oh goody, I can start helping again!

To stop that annoyance on a Windows PC:

1.) Open My Computer.

2.) Right-click Apple iPhone and choose "Properties."

3.) Click the Events tab.

4.) Check the "Take no action" radio button.

5.) Click OK.

Done! You will no longer be bugged about what to do with photos every time you connect your iPhone.

This in no way prevents you from getting photos off of the iPhone. Just right-click Apple iPhone and choose "Get pictures." Alternately you can double-click Apple iPhone to drag and drop the photos wherever you like.

--
Mike
I've looked under "My computer" Programs and I have iTunes, Apple Software Update and Ipod. No sign of iPhone in Program list or under any of these in a subfolder either.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Fiona, I just manually disable the function before I open iTunes. There is a way to go into your sys config and disable it without unistalling, but you'll have to research it on the Adobe forums. I read how to do it once, but it was over my head. I just disable!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I've looked under "My computer" Programs and I have iTunes, Apple Software Update and Ipod. No sign of iPhone in Program list or under any of these in a subfolder either.
If you are on a Windows PC you should open My Computer, not Programs. My Computer will show you Drive C:. Drive D:, etc.

It is there that you will see "Apple iPhone."

If you can't get to that you can go to Start-->Control Panel-->Scanners and Cameras and you will see Apple iPhone there.

Good luck,
Mike

Jul 1, 2007
No luck disabling load of "Adobe" on connecting to iTunes

If you are on a Windows PC you should open My Computer, not Programs. My Computer will show you Drive C:. Drive D:, etc.

It is there that you will see "Apple iPhone."

If you can't get to that you can go to Start-->Control Panel-->Scanners and Cameras and you will see Apple iPhone there.

Good luck,
Mike
I fpound theiPhone under My compute4r; followed the steps you gave; chose "take no action" hit "apply". Looks good; should work. BUT, sure enough it STILL loaded when I connected to iTunes! Any more ideas?