How to protect files in my iPad from being downloaded?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by grddel, Nov 8, 2011.

1. grddel

grddel New Member

The problem is that I need the documents I have downloaded in my iPad (.doc, .pdf) to be protected from downloading them to a computer through software like iExplorer. Do you know of any app that encrypts documents that you store in the iPad? Because even with the iPad blocked if you connect it to a computer you can read ALL documents in it with the appropriate software. I've found some apps that secure those documents with a pasword to not be read in the iPad without the password, but those documents are anyway readable when you connect the device to the computer. I know about the remote wiping, but I would like to know if there is a way to protect the documents and do no net to wipe them off...

The thing is that it is a really big company, with confidential files in the iPad, and they want to borrow the iPads to certain clients without needing to wipe them.

Thank you very much.

PS: The solution "buy more iPads" is not ok... hehe

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Do a search in the app store for
    File encryption. A number of apps come up.
    FileGuardian was one that caught my eye.

3. grddel

grddel New Member

Thank you very much! FileGuardian seems to do what I need!

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Not a problem at all. Glad you were able to find something that may do the trick for you.

5. grddel

grddel New Member

After checking a little bit with FileGuardian, the app it's pretty good, because it encrypts all the information you open with the app from being downloaded. But, what I actually need is an app that protects ALL the documents on the iPad, including documents being downloaded from other apps without needing to open them with FileGuardian and then deleting them on the previous app.

Thank you!