How to put music/videos on phone from 2 separate computers using iTunes?

luckfam

Bronze
May 31, 2007
Had no problem syncing my phone to the first library-when tried to sync to my other cpu with iTunes (manually) as I do with my ipod, i get the message that "this iPhone can only be synced to one library at a time" Setting it to "manual" did the trick on my ipod but not sure about the phone. Any suggestions?

rima333

Jun 30, 2007
you cant

Had no problem syncing my phone to the first library-when tried to sync to my other cpu with iTunes (manually) as I do with my ipod, i get the message that "this iPhone can only be synced to one library at a time" Setting it to "manual" did the trick on my ipod but not sure about the phone. Any suggestions?

you cant use two different computers. When you hook it up to the second computer it will automatically replace the content (songs, calendar, pics, etc) that is on your iPhone (from computer #1) with what is on iTunes on the second computer. The reason for this is that, unlike the iPods, the iPhone does not have disk drive support. This also means that you can't use your iPhone as an external hard drive to store random files as you can with an iPod. You have to make sure you have all the music (et all) on one computer. You also can't manually drag songs from iTunes onto the iPhone, so you have to make sure you set up playlists.

hope that helps.