How to put my own ringtone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
do research before you post misleading info.

iBrickr or iPhoneringtonemaker works.
He was right in a sense because Apple officially has no way to add your own ringtones.

Those programs you mentioned are ways to HACK the phone. This is why you are forced to restore the phone everytime there is a new update if you hacked your phone, Apple doesn't want stuff in there that can cause problems with the update.

If you use these programs, they are at your own risk and You can't get support from Apple for a hacked phone.

kamil234

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
He was right in a sense because Apple officially has no way to add your own ringtones.

Those programs you mentioned are ways to HACK the phone. This is why you are forced to restore the phone everytime there is a new update if you hacked your phone, Apple doesn't want stuff in there that can cause problems with the update.

If you use these programs, they are at your own risk and You can't get support from Apple for a hacked phone.
he didn't ask if there was a "legal" way to do it. he just asked if there was a way. and there is a way. thereforee his information is incorrect.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
But of course, if you have problems, just restore, then get support if you still need it. Apple doesn't have to know.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
I have done the current iPhone update while using iPhoneringtonemaker. I didn't need to restore my phone, and my ringtones are still intact. I would suggest this program as I have read real hacks are where the restore is in order, not for simple programs downoad/installs such as iPhoneringtonemaker.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I have done the current iPhone update while using iPhoneringtonemaker. I didn't need to restore my phone, and my ringtones are still intact. I would suggest this program as I have read real hacks are where the restore is in order, not for simple programs downoad/installs such as iPhoneringtonemaker.
Good for you. My only hack was iFuntastic (ringtones for Mac) and it sure created a mess with that second upgrade. I'm back to normal, ringtones and all, but it took me several hours of work, and cost me all my preferences and notes. Fortunately my contacts and my calendar were preserved.
But, beware, even minor hacks can lead to problems.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Good for you. My only hack was iFuntastic (ringtones for Mac) and it sure created a mess with that second upgrade. I'm back to normal, ringtones and all, but it took me several hours of work, and cost me all my preferences and notes. Fortunately my contacts and my calendar were preserved.
But, beware, even minor hacks can lead to problems.
From now on before you update always SYNC, then RESTORE, then UPDATE. This will keep you from losing any information. But you will always have to redo all your mods again...

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Not to get off topic but it looks like we are the only two with underwater Avatar pix :)

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
From now on before you update always SYNC, then RESTORE, then UPDATE. This will keep you from losing any information. But you will always have to redo all your mods again...
I did sync (I do every day), then restored, then updated. I still lost all that information. It didn't happen with the first update, but caught me off-guard with the second one.